Chapter 22: Be Happy

Cake struggles and weeps. Eren looks to her only to slam her harshly at the ground and pulling his own pocket knife at her.

"YOU HAVE 5 SECONDS TO TELL WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON BEFORE I TEAR OUT YOUR THROAT! WHY IS MY NAME STILL BEING USED?!" Eren shouts angrily. All of this is going to his head. All of this is making him angry. All of this is getting the boys emotions to tie together. Why must this happen to him?! For once, he is innocent. For once he has been trying to obey law. He just wants freedom and a peace of mind.

"EREN QUIT IT! GO TO THE CAR!" Levi yells at him. "Now!" 

Cake only crys. "Please i don't know!" She howls. Thomas sits next to her and hugs her the best he can.

"This doesn't make sense... I'll have to take you both in anyway" Levi explains and the two nod. Cake sniffing and crying helplessly. Levi puts them in the car then drags Eren away from the car

"WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" He yells at him when they reach a few meters away so they can still see the car.

"She's lying! She's lying through her teeth!" Eren scoffs, facing away from Levi to glare at something that isn't the detective.

"Look at me" Levi frowns. "Oi! I said look!" He shakes Eren to look at him. "Do you like being yelled at by me? Do you like having everyone thinking you're doing something wrong, Eren!? It's embarassing, and stressful! And fucking stupid! I don't want to work with you, Okay! Prove to me that you can remain calm! Stabbing that girl won't change her past. If i punch you in the nose will you be a clean slate!? NO! Pull your head out of your ass Eren! Or this will never work!" Levi releases Eren having finished what he needs to say. Eren needed a talking to. Levi's the only one that can guide him. No one else wants to be seen with him. No one else will speak to him.
"Please try" he says calmly. "I want to know I can trust you. I need your trust. I need you to have my back. So I can have yours. We need to be a team."

Levi's partner takes in long deep breaths before running a hand through his hair. He groans and holds the strands before crouching down and burying his head.

"I'm sorry," he apologises in a soft calm voice. He's gripping his own hair tightly trying to calm down from his own stress. Levi is stressed with Eren. Eren is stressed with Cake.

"You're forgiven" Levi crouches next to Eren. "Hey calm down."

Eren only whimpers and buries his head in his knees.

"I know it's hard to control your anger. But you need to."

Levi groans when Eren doesn't even acknowledge his words. He pulls Eren's head up holding it in both his hands.
"You fucker. Listen to what i say to you."

Eren only frowns sadly.

"You're always miserable or angry! It's starting to piss me off!" Levi says and pulls Erens face towards his own. He presses his lips to Eren's and instantly the boy tences with shock.

He suddenly jerk and pushes Levi away.
"D-Don't do that!" Eren says flustered. His cheeks all red and his eyes suddenly darting around everywhere. Now this is a new side of Eren. Not once has Levi seen this flustered shocked boy before. Eren has always been pretty cocky and straight forward. Now he's seeing the shy boy that doesn't get any time to shine.

"That's better" Levi nods in approval.  "You're always being depressing or out of control. Try being happy little puppy you or creepy prevert you..." Levi stares at Eren. "You're all red and Why can't you look at me? Look at me."

"I... I uh... N-no!" Eren says covering his face.
"It's not fair! How can you do that to me?" Eren whines.
His lips are still tingling. How dare Levi catch him off guard like that. What the hell is Levi's deal? Kissing him? The feels of Levi's soft lips on his... tender and sweet, and Levi did it out of his own will. Eren's heart just took a trip to the fucking moon. Levi is too adorable for his own good. If he's not careful, Eren might jump to conclusions.

"I thought maybe you'd stop frowning" Levi blinks
"You've done it to me before."

"I know that! And now I'm going to do it again." Eren says, quickly jumping up and paying Levi back.

"Mm!" Eren stays on Levi for a long time so he shoves him off. "Don't kiss me, brat. There are prisoners to take in" Levi stands up without another word.

'Tch, you kissed me first,' Eren frowns before he chuckles suddenly and skips off into the front seat of the car. Levi gets in beside, glancing to Eren to see that his mood has suddenly sky rocketed. That's a good thing, Levi notes. If he's happy he won't hurt anybody. He steps on the gas, and they all head back to the station.

~♡~

The two officers take the two to a cell together. "Just temporary for now" Levi explains. Cake is still sobbing, claiming that she's too young to go to prison. Eren responds with, "I thought so too," before harshly shoving her forward to keep her moving.

"We'll just hold you here. It won't be long before you get an interrogation. Come, Eren. Lets look at this murder" Levi clicks his fingers and walks out with Eren.

The boy follows Levi like a small canine companion that actually towers above his owner. As they walk on, officers look past and glare at Eren. He has been a wanted criminal for a long long time. Seeing him walk about freely gets on a lot of people's nerves. Especially since the urge to tackle Eren down has become a compulsion that everyone must try and withstand.

Out the door they go, and to the next crime scene they arrive.

Eren's eyes look at the markings made on the fresh kill.

'E.G.J.' Eren reads on the victims stomach. A young woman. Mina Carolina. It doesn't make sense.

"Mina Carolina" Levi clicks his tongue. Pictures are taken and everything.

"We're not reading into it enough. How do we..." Levi gets slightly frustrated. "Come on. Lets look up family history again. There must be something we're missing. There has to be. Lets figure out where they'll strike next."

However the worst part about this is... Mina was never on Cake's list.