Chapter 24: Miss Janet Adain

"Mnn..."

Levi yawns and hugs his pillow. It's more firm than usual but none the less comfortable.

Levi mutters something about shit and squeezes Eren's waist. It's when he gets a grunt that his eyes fly open and he sits up. Blinks lazily then cups his mouth in shock "Eren!!! Wake up, shit head!" Levi yells.

Eren furrows his eyebrows with a groan and buries his head into Levi's pillow.

"Eren! Wake up where am I!?" Levi hasn't seen this room before. Wait yes he has. This is his own bedroom. And Eren is... "wha- You're in my bed?"

More importantly, with clothes on.
Eren's eyes flutter open gently yet tiredly. "Mmhmm... Sorry..."  He yawns in response, sitting up. "I would have left. But I thought it'd be better if you kept an eye on me. I'm only out of prison because of our partnership."

"Bullshit... Youre keeping an eye on me Aren't you?" Levi sighs and lays back down. Eren's arms wrap around Levi again and he's pulled once more into the brunettes chest. His hands resting gently on his torso. "Ah... Eren why are you cuddling me?" Levi pushes on his chest.

"Because. Cuddling is good," Eren hums, closing his eyes again and rubbing up and down Levi's back.

Levi feels like just laying down and accepting Eren's rubbing on his back. Curling up like a cat and purring. His hand is so warm and soothing and Levi is so tired he-

"Nope!" Levi realises he has been sinking slowly towards Eren and he pushes up off his chest.

Eren pouts sadly. "Please Levi? Just five more minutes of cuddling and I'll be good!" Eren pleads, a hand readying gently on Levi's hip already. "You're really warm and nice to cuddle, it's like you fit perfectly! Please? Please let me hold you for just.. five minutes more?"

"Eren!" Levi looks at him in shock. "Why so needy!?" He growls blushing a little.

"You're just so cute..." The boy mumbles, staring at Levi with begging puppy dog eyes. "I love you Levi and I may never know what it's like to be with you, but... But... You're so warm and cuddly.... Pllleeaaasseee??"

"Eren!" Levi stares at him. "No!" Eren rubs his hands up and down Levi's back again with a small yet adorable smirk. Cheeky but somehow innocent. Levi hums in comfort and lays down on Eren's chest.  "mmm... five minutes."

"Yay!" Eren shouts in victory before latching onto Levi and cuddling him, keeping up his back rubs for Levi. This is a moment that Eren must take note in his diary. If he had one. He's a man.

The whole five minutes, it's just Eren and Levi sharing body heat. Eren's hand gently soothing Levi's back and shoulders and neck. Gentle soft rubs that Levi never thought a criminal could manage. Eren is really warm and he honestly is a good cuddler, even Levi has to admit that.

Ten minutes pass and Levi finally looks at Eren. His hand seems to have rid Levi completely of stress.

"Lets go to the office" Levi yawns and sits up next to Eren. Crawling off him and stretching.

Eren nods with a happy giddy smile.
"Yes sir!" He grins and stands up and out of bed stretching his back.
"Let's grab some breakfast on the way too!"

~◇~

Levi knocks on the door to janetts house. While Eren stands behind him with a serious facade on.

The door opens to a rather pale woman with red flaming hair. Much like her brother.

"Hello Miss Adain. We'd like to ask you some questions about your children." Levi starts.

"Questions...?" The woman inquires. "From where have you come?" She asks suspiciously.

"State police" Levi takes out his badge.

"Oh... come in" she mutters and Levi nods. The two then walk inside Janet's house. She sits down and scowls at them.  "So? Why'd you wake me?"

Levi rolls his eyes almost mirroring her off attitude exactly.

"Your daugters... your three. Triplets. Daughters. The ones you couldn't afford to keep. You only kept Cake? Who did you give the other two girls to? "

"My daughters...?" Janet furrows her eyebrows.  If she didn't look friendly before, her added look of hostility certainly tips the iceberg.

"Yes daughters. You had three. Cake. Tea. And Lamington." Eren goes forth. "Where are they now, who'd you give them to?"

"I gave them away at birth! I didn't 'ave the money to look after 'em!"

Levi nods
"Right. Can we see the adoption papers?"

Janet scowls. "My daughter burnt 'em when she found out she had sisters.

Levi looks to Eren. "Burnt them? Was she angry?"

"She was very upset. She threw a trantrum. Told me I was a terrible mother and left. A week later she comes back with the other two. They all look a little different but they gave me a warning i believe then left. They then came back all looking the same. I told 'em to stop this madness. They told me to tell 'em apart... i couldn't. They all claimed to be Cake . All of 'em left. 'Aven't seen 'em since" Janet scowls.

"Are you aware that your daughters are now on a killing spree around the Shiganshina region?" Eren inquires. "Are you aware that they're using my name to kill?"

"Mn? Your name?" Janet frowns.

"Eren Grisha Jaeger" Levi sighs and Janet widens her eyes and pulls out a knife she had in her couch.

"HEY! STAND DOWN!" Levi grabs her arms behind her back. "Unfortunately we're taking you in anyway. You've got heroine needle marks up your arms and it's all under your couch. Thank you for your cooperation however."

Levi's phone rings again and he groans. "If it's another murder- answer it Eren."

"Yes sir," Eren mumbles glaring at Janet before he takes Levi's phone from his back pocket. He slides it across and answers.

"Yello." He says.

"Levi! Cake has broken out and Thomas has been strangled to death!"

"..." Eren widens his eyes and glances to Levi who stares at Eren expectantly. The officer on the other side tells 'Levi' What went on and the details before asking him to come down immediately.

He hangs up.

"The triplets are definitely the people we need to hunt," Eren says in a deadly serious tone. "Thomas. Cake is gone, and she took his life."