(FOURTEEN) After The Summer Solstice

I PINNED the Polaroid of me and Hudson in the bulletin board of my room. Dati pictures ng mga bagay na gusto kong bilhin o mga lugar na gusto kong puntahan ang mga naka-pin doon. Pero ngayon halos mapuno na 'yun ng mga Polaroid photograph namin ni Hudson. I made it my adventure board.

Our adventure board.

Napangiti ako nang makita ang Polaroid ng unang adventure namin. It was on my 19th birthday. When I got stood up and he suddenly appeared on the restaurant. Umalis siya sandali pero pina-take out ko na ang mga pagkain sa pag-aakalang hindi na siya babalik. Dinala niya ako sa isang stadium. We ate the take out foods in the middle of a football field. Above us was the night sky that was brightly glaring at us.

I think that was the day I fell inlove with him. Inakala ko lang na inlove pa rin ako kay Reese because I'm used to loving him. I was stupid for not realizing it sooner. Well, what's the use of looking back? Hudson and I are very much happy with each other now. I'm glad he didn't give up on my stubbornness. I'm glad that I finally take the risk. But it was for sure the the only risk I would willing to take in my lifetime.

With him.

I'd risk everything just to be with him.

I looked at the other Polaroid. It was my favorite so far. The day he asked me if I want to be his girlfriend. Well, that's not his exact words. He asked me if I wanted to go on many more adventures with him and I said yes.

That day he announced on Instagram that I'm his girlfriend. Well, mag-iinarte pa ba ako eh, nag-i love you na nga rin ako sa kanya. I drew a stupid smile remembering that night...

The incessant ringing of my phone broke me from my concentration. Of course, it was Hudson. I answered the call.

"Hey, ano na namang problema mo?" I was asking casually but he always says 'nagsusungit ka na naman'. I heard him chuckled on the other line.

"Sungit."

See?

"Dress up nicely." He said and it's enough to get me excited. "I'm picking you up at 8 P. M. It's a date."

I bit my lower lip. "Where are we going?"

"Hindi ko pa alam. Basta. Just dress up really nice."

Typical Hudson. He's always like this. It's always an adventure with him. And I love it. "Okay, then."

"Text me the color of your dress, okay?"

"Okay."

Pagkatapos ng tawag ay dumiretso agad ako sa shower. I dressed up nicely like what he said. Tuwing sinasabihan niya akong mag-damit ng ganoon ay sa mamahaling restaurant o sa isang five-star hotel niya ako dinadala.

I wore a cream halter chiffon dress. It was ankle-knee length. I paired it with a black strap sandals. I made my face, curled my hair, and sprayed on my favorite expensive perfume.

Wala pang 8 P. M. ay kinatok na ako ni Audrey sa kwarto. Nakangisi siya at namumula habang tinitingnan ako mula ulo hanggang paa. Her eyes were twinkling.

"You looked like a princess, Ate. You're so beautiful." She said with amusement.

I caressed her hair. "Thank you, Aud."

"I wanna be like you, Ate."

"You would be more beautiful, baby. I'm sure of it."

She held my hand. "Let's go downstairs. Your prince charming is here to pick you up."

Natawa ako. "Don't call her that. He doesn't like it. He said he's a king."

"Yeah, he's more of a king." She said innocently while nodding her head. "I really like Kuya H. He's such a gentleman than Kuya Reese."