Fool

One month and three days, Draco thought to himself, staring out a window as the rain poured outside. That's how long it's been since she spoke to me.

He recalled when he tried to talk to her after Charms class. Before he could explain himself, she said coldly "If you still need help with your spells, you can find someone else to tutor you." Since then, he couldn't even come near her. Every time she saw him, she'd get this mixed expression of sorrow and anger on her face, then turn away from him or leave the area. Though he missed her, he couldn't blame her for being mad at him.

"What are you doing, Malfoy?"

Luna's soft voice brought him back to the present. They were alone in the corridor. Draco adjusted his position at the window seat. "Nothing. Just have a lot on my mind."

"Is it about Serena?" He glared at her. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault. I'm the one who. . ." His voice trailed off. He can't tell Luna. Even if she's reliable, he can't tell anyone else that he's a Death Eater.

"Whatever it was that made you two break up, she won't talk about it. All she ever said was that you lied to her, but not about what."

So she isn't going to tell anyone? I wonder why.

"It doesn't matter. It's over now." The Slytherin gathered his things and got up to leave.

"Don't tell me you're pretending to not care about her."

Draco was caught off guard. "What do you mean?"

"You obviously still love her, yet you're not making an effort to win her back. Why is that?" She looked up at him curiously.

He stared back in confusion. Win her back? How can he win her back when she won't even look at him? "It's not important. I have a lot to do."

"Then you're a fool." The girl stated, then skipped out of the hall.

He thought about what Luna said for the rest of the day. Maybe he is a fool. Maybe he shouldn't worry so much about the mission, and try harder to win Serena back. Try to explain everything to her, hope that she understands.

But if I try to get close to her again, her life could be at risk. She could get hurt, or worse.