Hospital Wing

"Malfoy, come help me!" Professor Snape shouted. Draco pushed past the other students and knelt beside Serena. They flipped her onto her back. Blood began coating the right side of her forehead, a couple of drops splattering on the floor. Please be alright. "Let's take her to the Hospital Wing. Class dismissed! Everyone get out of the way!"

The young man carried the girl in his arms, her head nestling into his shoulder. The color was still drained from her face and she didn't move a muscle as Madame Pomphrey examined her carefully.

"Is she going to be alright?" Draco asked anxiously.

"A couple of broken bones, a bloody gash and large bruise on the temple. I can fix her up in a few minutes, but she must rest afterwards." The nurse explained calmly.

Behind a curtain barrier, she set to work while the Slytherin student paced. The professor watched him in annoyance before rolling his eyes. "If you're in love with her, the least you can do is stop wearing out the floor."

Malfoy froze in his tracks. "What? I'm not in love with her."

"Then you're free to go. If you have no feelings for the girl whatsoever, there is no reason for you to stay here." Professor Snape stared at him hard, and took a step closer to him. "If you don't admit your feelings to her, then someone else will steal the opportunity you lost. Believe me, it will happen."

The man suddenly pivoted and walked towards the door, his black robes billowing gracefully behind him. On his way, he called over his shoulder, "I'll excuse you from the rest of your classes. Do what you wish."

Draco stared after his teacher for a moment, rather confused. What is he talking about? Does he know something. . ? The young man turned around in time to see Madame Pomphrey draw back the curtain. "She should wake up sometime tomorrow, or the next day. Don't try to wake her; she needs to rest." She instructed sternly.

He nodded in understanding, then sat down in a chair next to Serena's bed. A white bandage wrapped around her scalp, and her cheeks were now a pale pink. Reaching out, he pushed a few strands of hair out of her face. Her skin was so soft, just like that day. Draco thought about that afternoon when they were under the mistletoe. At first, he wanted so badly to kiss her, but he forced himself to plant it on her cheek. She looked so beautiful when she blushed, making it even harder for him to hold back.

But somehow, he was able to walk away. Though, it seemed almost against his will. And throughout the break, he thought of her every day. He wanted nothing more than to see her, make her smile and hear her laugh, hold her close. I must be a fool, he thought to himself. To be falling in love with a Ravenclaw, who's of Gryffindor blood. But I'd be an even bigger fool to not love her. There's no way I can't.

Gently, Draco picked up her hand and laced his fingers through hers. Her hand was smaller than his, but somehow it felt like it was a perfect fit. He pressed a tender kiss to her knuckles, then quietly whispered decidedly, "Once you wake up, I'll tell you exactly how I feel. I'm not going to miss my chance."

*************************************************************************************** As promised, another chapter. Hope you enjoyed reading it. I'm excited for the next one. ;)