ONE / when vision was scared of kittens

"are you still mad at me?" wanda asked vision, who clearly wasn't happy. he sat on the couch with one leg over the other and his arms crossed. he didn't look at her. "vis?"

"not mad," he stated, clearly lying.

"vis, come on," she giggled. "it was funny."

her laugh was almost enough to make him crack. almost.

"you know it was funny," she leaned back in the armchair, her hands behind her head and her feet on the rest.

he had enough.

sitting up, he exclaimed, "what part of putting sparkly, earthly-"

"vision, i'm borrowing your cape!" thor interrupted him as he opened the door to vision's room.

both wanda and vision froze mid-argument. they watched as countless sparkling kittens spilled out of vision's room. thor fell back onto the floor and the kittens immediately overtook him.

he laughed a booming laugh as they lapped at his face and purred on his stomach.

wanda watched vision. his face contorted and he brought his legs to his chest.

"what?" she laughed the word out, "you don't like kittens? is that it?"

"they're terrifying!"

she stood and picked up one of the terrifying, sparkly kittens by the armpits. it kicked the air when she brought it over to a traumatized vision.

she extended the animal towards him and he forced his body as far as it would go in the couch. he was trapped.

the kitten purred and she set it in vision's lap.

vision's eyes were closed tightly, his brow taught, his body stiff. he'd prepared for a gruesome death.

it began to lap vision's pink skin and tug gently on his clothes.

he opened his eyes to see a pink kitty staring back at him, not-so menacing at all. he cupped the small animal into his arms and held it close. it squirmed to get away, but eventually gave in to his cuddly keep.

"terrifying?" wanda scoffed at him.

he just chuckled, "he's not so bad..."