TWENTY-ONE / when vision's phasing stopped working

couple things:
>credit for the idea is above (tumblr name) and the credit for how i found it is also above (instagram name).
>i'm fully aware vision is not a ghost, that's why i'm adapting it to his phasing abilities.
>i'm also assuming (for the sake of this one shot) that his phasing kicks in to protect him, just like jarvis kicks in to protect tony. i'm also allowing the phasing to just kinda stop, but we'll get into that...

vision woke up and pulled his robe over his pajamas. he headed into the kitchen to begin making food for the rest of them.

he just got to the kitchen when he hit his hip on the kitchen island's corner:

"ah fu-" he cut the curse off.

he gripped his hipbone, confused and in anguished pain. his phasing hadn't kicked in. he furrowed his brow and figured it was some strange glitch in his system.

vision shrugged it off and began to make breakfast.

the avengers stirred one by one, and headed to the dining table. vision finished up and started to bring plates of pancakes and sausage in. he set it down.

vision moved toward his seat, but slammed his socked foot into a leg of the table:

"shit!"

*gasps*

"vision, you just cursed!" natasha exclaimed.

"my phasing won't work," he stated frustratedly. he collected himself. "this is the second time it didn't kick in."

the avengers exchanged worried glances.

then tony began to giggle.

"what'd you do?" vision hissed.

"i turned it off just to mess with you," tony giggled. vision strode over to tony and flipped tony's plate onto the ground.

"make your own damn pancakes, stark."

tony looked at the flapjacks and sausage patties on the ground that he was once excited to eat. "too far man..."