TWELVE / when captain america met wonder woman pt.2

DISCLAIMER: yes, i know wonder woman is not a marvel character. i'm aware of that. i just wanted to write some stuff on them, so yeah.
DISCLAIMER: i do not own the DC comics franchise, characters, content, etc. all proper credit goes to their makers. i simply own my plot lines for them. thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
SPOILER WARNING: contains mentions of barry allen (the flash) and doctor wells. read at your own risk for spoilers. though i don't believe i spoiled much of anything, be wary!

diana's brow furrowed and she smacked the side of the teleporter a few times, hoping for something to happen.

but it didn't.

nothing happened.

again.

"i think it's broken," bucky declared. she turned to him and put her empty hand around his throat, forcing him up in the air. "what? how?" he chocked out between her fingers. her hand tightened in frustration. both his hands went around her forearm, hoping to loosen the grip.

"diana, please," steve muttered. he wasn't worried, but frustrated.

she let bucky go and he leaned over his knees, gasping for air. "how the hell..." he trailed off.

"what's the plan?" she asked steve. "i have to get home, i have to. bruce is probably worried sick and he's probably freaking out. i need to get back."

"you will. we have a friend who can help," steve said. he headed down the alley and diana followed. bucky shook his head with regret, and followed after her.

•••

"tony?" steve called throughout the apartment. "tony!"

"what?" tony hissed irritably. tony stepped into view, dressed in a designer suit. he was all done up other than his undone tie and collar. tony's eyes landed on wonder woman herself. "why'd you bring a cosplayer?"

"what's a cosplayer?" diana asked bucky. bucky irritably shook his head and went to the couch, collapsing into the cushions.

"tony stark, meet princess diana of the amazons," steve introduced the two. "she used to a teleporter and jumped universes, and now she's stuck here."

"oh," tony said woefully. "oh," he said with concern. "do you have it with you?" he asked her.

"i don't have the one we used, but i have a spare. it didn't work."

"let me see it." he extended a hand. she withdrew the device and handed it to tony. tony took it and headed up the stairs and behind a tinted glass door. steve followed.

diana looked over at bucky, who seemed to be sleeping.

"well, go follow them," he said with his eyes still closed. she shrugged and followed after steve. she opened the tinted door and entered a laboratory.

tony was already scanning the device.

steve sat on a swivel stool and she sat on another one. tony started chuckling to himself, then full out laughed, finally doubling over and gasping for breath.

"what's wrong?" she asked. she looked at steve; he didn't get the punchline either. tony gained back his breath and looked at the two.

"well i haven't come across a single piece of technology like this in my life. other than it being unfamiliar and therefore useless, it's incredibly outdated. the maker must be insane or stupid, or both."