FOURTEEN / when there was a snowstorm

*JUST A BRIEF NOTE*
(this isn't really a spoiler, i promise,) so in spider-man: homecoming, the avengers HQ was moved upstate with a new, and cooler, layout. there's not too much information on the actual compound, so our knowledge is limited. i'm trying to incorporate some of the new place into this chapter and into future chapters. it's just a minor thing, but regardless. alright i'm done, go ahead...

---

"hey guys?" peter's voice ran through the main sitting area.

natasha looked up, and with no one else replying, she took it upon herself: "what?"

one of peter's webs shot onto the ceiling above them and he swung over the railing and onto the empty loft, looking onto the horizon.

"i can't see the terrace."

natasha looked out the window. she, too, couldn't see past the thick white current of snow.

"looks like we have our first snowstorm here." she sat up and bookmarked the page she was previously reading. "anyone want cocoa?"

"i hate snowstorms, but i'll take cocoa."

she stood. "don't sweat the storm, kid. we're safe inside."

•••

it was pitch black when peter woke up. he wasn't really sure his eyes were open, it was so dark. he sat up and swung his legs over the side of his bed. he cracked the door open and the hallway was dark. he turned the light switch on, and quickly realized that the power was off.

he wasn't a fan of the dark either.

he used the flashlight feature on his phone to navigate to the main room. he entered the main living room to find natasha reading her book by a flashlight.

"hey nat."

"hey kid, couldn't sleep?"

"not really. power's out," he noted, though she obviously knew. she set her book aside and patted the free spot on the couch. he came and sat.

"tony's starting the generator," she said and reached for something on the coffee table. a mug. "hot cocoa?" she asked.

he smiled and took it from her, sipping the hot beverage gingerly.

it was then the lights turned back on.

he looked out the window. the storm was waning. he could see the terrace and the grass by the interior lights, coated in a blanket of snowy crystals.

"i guess i don't hate snowstorms."