SEVEN / when stan lee was the star

KUDOS TO WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA. THIS IS NOT MY IDEA, JUST MY TAKE ON IT.

stan sat down at an outdoor table at his favorite burger place. he perused the menu, already knowing what he'd have.

a man came to his table. the man was blond and was wearing red. he had a small hammer pin next to his name tag. his name tag read in bold letters: THOR ODINSON.

"what would you enjoy consuming, lord?" thor asked.

"i'll have a double decker burger with everything on it, to-go."

"that is what you shall have." thor left.

this gave stan some time to doodle on a napkin. he drew a cartoon version of his waiter. stan made the hammer pin into a glorious weapon and made the red uniform into a cape. he even added a little winged helmet.

thor came back and gave him the sandwich in wrappings. thor spotted the napkin and chuckled.

"i'd never wear a helmet," thor tucked a blonde tuff of hair from his bun behind his ear. "it would spoil my locks."

stan chuckled. he stood and left with his sandwich in hand.

on the metro, he sat next to a brunette.

this brunette had a prosthetic arm that peeked out from his army tee shirt.

"may i ask how you lost your arm?" stan asked politely. the brunette looked at him, thinking for a moment. the brunette's face turned sour.

"i lost it from a freak train accident and fell into enemy lines. i don't like to talk about it."

"oh, i'm sorry for bringing it up..."

"it's fine. my name's bucky, bucky barnes."

the train stopped. it was stan's get-off point. he stood. "stan lee."

"stan lee..." bucky thought out loud. "do i know you?"

"probably not, i have one of those faces," stan laughed and got off. he climbed up the metro stairs and into the day again. stan ate his burger as he walked. it was absolutely delicious.

out of nowhere, two men ran into him.

"on your left," one said. "on your right," the other said at the same time. stan's sandwich was knocked out of his hands and fell to the new york sidewalk. gross.

"my burger!" he hissed at the two. he turned to look at them. one wore the same army tee as bucky on the bus... the other, another blond, wore a plain black shirt that said 'team cap' on the front.

the man in the army shirt apologized quickly, shaking stan's hand in hopes for forgiveness. the one in the 'team cap' shirt stood in awe.

"you're the stan lee who-"

"i am," stan interrupted. "i'm also the stan lee whose sandwich you ruined-"

"i'm such a huge fan!" he hugged stan. stan jumped back. the man in the black pulled away. "this is sam," he jabbed his thumb at the army guy. "i'm steve. i loved civil war. your work is so amazing. and my god! your characters! i felt like i was right there with them!"

"yeah, yeah, yeah..." stan shook his head. "whatever you say fanboy..."