THIRTEEN / when they were sprayed with raid

scott lang had been jogging in the early morning dew of central park. he came to a sheltered bus stop, and decided to take a break.

he was sipping from his water bottle when he felt someone sit down next to him. he looked to his right to see an elderly woman - probably in her seventies - with a cart of things.

scott simply continued to drink his water. he then felt the gaze of this woman on him. she was making him very uncomfortable, just by staring. being the gentleman he was, scott didn't say anything.

then another person sat down on the bench.

both the old lady and scott's attention were taken by this young man, who happened to be peter parker.

this gave scott a chance to look at the lady's expression. she seemed completely, utterly, terribly, and thoroughly mortified, just by their existence!

scott was absolutely amazed that she was so horrified. she had chosen to sat next to him. she was free to get up and move. yet she sat between these two heroes.

she reached into her cart of things and pulled out the unthinkable:

a can of raid.

the lady sprayed peter square in the face, making him stand and rub his eyes. by the time the lady turned to get scott, he was already up.

she sprayed his chest though, and the sent stung his nose profusely.

"what the hell, lady?" peter hissed, still trying to regain his sight.

"i hate bugs," she said in a raspy, smoker's voice.

"technically," peter looked at her, "spiders aren't bugs."

the lady stood, grabbing a fly swatter from her cart of things, and started swatting him. peter ran for the hills, leaving scott laughing like a kid.

the lady shot scott an evil look and he ran off, still trying to breathe between laughs.

and that was the time they were sprayed with raid.

the end;)