10

Almost the entire night, Madelaine was thinking about the second plan. She didn't even want to go through with it, but Gaston had brought it down to it. He threw her out of his house because he is punishing himself. It can't go on.

     It's time to make Gaston jealous to the point where he's forced to come out of his own house.

          *****

     Madelaine walked into the tavern where Philip was eating his breakfast in peace.

     "Hey!" she yelled, getting his attention and a few other people. She sat down in front of him, Philip following her figure the entire time. "Do you think your a monster?"

     "I'm not, I saved our town. Why do you ask?" Philip asked, making Madealine scoff. "Can we talk, alone?"

     "No, I still need a favor from you," she said grabbing his plate. She set it behind the counter, making Philip groan.

     "Not necessary," he said, following her out of the tavern.

     "Oh it was because you followed me and I needed exactly that," she replied, ducking under a tray of bread. Philip went around and grabbed her arm.

     "Think of this, Madelaine. A cabin in the woods, you could be hunting all day if you wanted to. Maybe I could while you take care of our children," Philip said. She started to back up as he stepped closer to her. Suddenly, things didn't seem okay anymore. And this wasn't how plan B should go.

          ******

     Lefou knocked on Gaston's door, and he opened it. Before closing it again, Lefou stuck his arm in the door. Gaston sighed opening the door.

     "What do you want Lefou?" Gaston asked, grabbing his jacket from his coat rack.

     "I see you're leaving your house," Lefou said stepping back. He looked down at Gaston's feet to see a bag that looked full. "Or the village."

     "I'm sorry, Lefou. Please tell Madelaine that I don't mean to hurt her. It's for her own good," Gaston said, putting a hand on Lefou's shoulder. Lefou turned his head around to see Philip towering over Madelaine. He had cornered her to a stand, and she couldn't escape him.

     "That is for her own good?" Lefou asked pointing at Madelaine and Philip. Gaston followed where Lefou was pointing, and rage boiled up inside him. He grabbed Lefous jacket, pulling Lefou toward him.

     "Who is he?" Gaston gritted, making Lefou swallow.

     "He followed us here from her hometown and he wishes to marry Madelaine," Lefou confessed. "He even used the classic child making move." Gaston let go of Lefou's coat, and stomped over to Philip and Madelaine.

     "Really, I don't want to marry you. Or have children for that matter," Madelaine said, looking at the cart for anything she could hit him with. Philip only leaned closer.

     "Come on, imagine us," Philip said, a tinge of fear growing in Madelaine's eyes. Philip was suddenly pulled off of Madelaine, and was now being held in the air.

     "You heard the lady, she doesn't want to marry you," Gaston snapped, anger in his eyes and venom in his tone. "Now get the hell out of this town, before I throw you out of it." Gaston dropped Philip, who ran for the hills after that. Madelaine looked up at Gaston who was looking down at his feet.

     "Thank you," she said, stepping forward. Gaston smiled, nodding at her.

     "Madelaine, I'm sorry for my actions. I hope you can forgive me," Gaston said stepping towards Madealaine. She smiled, nodding a bit.

     "It's okay," she replied, looking up at Gaston.

     "Would you like to accompany me on a morning ride?" Gaston asked, motioning to the stables. Madelaine's smile grew, and she nodded.

     "I would love to, Gaston," she said. He held an arm out, and she looped her's through his. Then they set off for the stables.

          *****

     Madelaine's laughter died down as they reached the top of the hill again. She looked back at Gaston who had a smile on his face and water dripping down his hair.

     "I think you still have a little something," she giggled, running her hands through her own hair. Gaston brushed his hair back, then shaking out his hand.

     "At least I don't throw river water at people," he laughed, walking up to the shorter girl.

     "I caught you off guard at a good time," she smiled, putting her hands behind her back. Her laughter couldn't contain itself as she slowly started to laugh again through her teeth.

     "If you laugh again, I'm throwing you in the river," Gaston said pointing at her.

     "I'd like to see you try," she laughed, walking to the edge. Gaston came up behind Madelaine, sweeping her off her feet. "No, wait, Gaston!" she squealed, hitting his arm.

     "Why I'm only picking you up, darling. What did you think I was doing?" Gaston asked, a smile on his face.

     "I thought you were about to throw me in the river," she pouted, looking up into Gaston's eyes.

     "Now why would I go and do a thing like that?" Gaston asked, a smirk forming on his face. Madelaine smiled, putting an arm around his neck to prevent herself from falling. The two both moved their heads to kiss each other, but Madelaine lost her grip on Gaston's neck and fell. It took a second, but the two started to laugh at each other.

     Gaston took a place in the grass next to Madelaine, staring up at the sky with her. They laid there for five minutes before Madelaine turned on her side to face Gaston.

     "What are we?" she asked, leaning on her hand. Gaston looked over at her, turning as well.

     "What do you mean?" he asked, leaning on his hand as well.

     "Are we friends, or are we something more?" Madealine asked, obviously showing that she was confused. Gaston put a hand on her face, stroking her cheek gently.

     "We're something much more than what we think," Gaston said, keeping his eyes on her lips. He wanted to kiss her so bad. By this time in a relationship, he would've probably already dumped the girl and broken her heart. But not this one.

     Madelaine scooted closer to Gaston, locking their eyes together. Then breaking the lock by connecting their lips instead. She put a hand on his face, now pressing her body against his. And they just laid there, kissing each other like it was the best feeling in the world. They had fallen deep down in the hole of feelings, and neither were crawling back up the hole anytime soon.

-*- 

Over 2.6k views, 200+ votes, and 75 comments. I've only published 11 chapters (prologue don't forget) 

I'm kinda shocked that this story got so popular so fast. Though I do regret not publishing it sooner, I'm still happy I published it. I hope this story grows a lot more. 

Don't forget to vote and comment, have a nice day peeps and thanks so much!