Chapter 1-911

1 year later

I push my way through the crowd of people swaying and dancing. I've lost my target. I put my hand up to my ear. "Jeremy, do you see him? There's too many people".
"Over by the bar" he replies, "get him alone. Do whatever it takes". I nod and head towards the bar. I stumble up to it and almost fall in the lap of my target. Who is clearly wasted. He jumps and catches me. Almost falling himself.
"My hero!" I exclaim.
"Are you alright?" he asks.
"I'm perfect! Lets dance" I say and pull him on to the dance floor. I pull him against me and his arms snake around me.
"Let's go" I say as I take his hand. "Where?" He asks.
"This way" I whisper in his ear. I pull him towards the bathroom and push him inside. He hesitates like he doesn't know what to do next. He leans in to kiss me.

And that is when I pull a gun on him.

Derek comes out of one of the stalls holding a gun to his head. He freezes and throws his hands up.
"What do you want?" He says with a shaky voice. "You can have my wallet!" Derek laughs.
"We don't want your money, we want your soul." I send him a glare.
"You're coming with us" I tell him. "Turn around." He turns and I handcuff him.
"What the hell are these?" He exclaims, pulling on them. Then winces.
"The more you pull the tighter they get, I suggest you stop before you lose your hands." I reply calmly. Derek nods to the door, I knock on it 3 times and it opens to present Khol. "About time, what took so long?"
"He took some convincing" I reply and smirk.
"Why don't you convince me" he says with a wink. I slap his arm and laugh. Kohl is my second in command. We know each other so well that we mostly communicate with looks and gestures. Lately this has been the only mission that the whole team has gone on, we make such a great pair that we often go out alone.
"Alright let's get him back" I tell the boys. They nod and Derek jerks a black woven bag over the targets head.

I open the van to find JJ in the drivers seat and Jeremy in the passenger seat. We pile in the back. Khol pulls the man in behind him. I shove him, he collapses into the seat.
"Are you the police? If you are this is police brutality!" He exclaims.
"Good thing we're not the police then" JJ answers him with a smirk that would make most girls swoon. JJ is quite the looker, with deep blue eyes and midnight black hair. He has cheek bones that could cut you. But sadly he knows he is attractive and is a complete ass most of the time. I appreciate his humor, I may be the only one that does. He is our strategist, he comes up with all our plans. He is a complete genius. He's 21 years old.
"I've mapped out the quickest way back" he turns and looks at me. "How long will it take?" I ask
"An hour maybe less, depending on how fast you let me drive" he smirks "Just get us home" I say with a sigh. JJ turns and starts the van. I sink into my seat, we hadn't even been driving for five minutes when I hear Derek cry out in alarm. I jump up grabbing my gun. I turn around to see the man free of the cuffs, which I didn't know was possible. He has a knife at Derek's throat, Khol stands frozen with his hand half way to his gun. I pull a knife from my belt and throw it at the man. It sinks into his right shoulder, he cries out in pain and drops the knife. I drop my gun and throw my self at him before he can grab it again, I land firmly on his chest. I grab his wrists​ pinning them down. I jerk my knife out of his chest and he winces. I place it against his throat.
"Derek, you alright?"
"Yeah" he answers ducking his head, looking ashamed.
"What the hell happened?" I ask. Kohl answers,
"I don't know somehow he got out of the cuffs, and pulled a knife on Derek."
"And you decided to freeze, what were you thinking? Never hesitate! You taught me that!" I pause "Khol, what's wrong?" Before I even finish asking he's unconscious on the floor of the van. I flip the knife around and strike the man with the handle, just hard enough to knock him out. "Jeremy get back here and deal with him, I've got Kohl. JJ keep driving Kohl may need medical assistance, we need to get home" I command. I crawl over to Kohl and immediately check for a pulse, it's there but very faint. I call out for Derek to get the medical kit, he brings it over and sets it beside me. I check Kohl over for any visible injuries.
"Derek come here, what does this look like to you?" I ask.
"A needle pricked him" he replies. I nod, just as I had suspected. My knowledge of first aid is bare minimum. I can bandage you up and make sure you don't bleed out but that's about it.
"Kohl, wake up" I touch his face and nothing happens. I check his pulse again.
"It's weakening!" I yell frantically. "Move" Derek yells and pushes me out of the way. He takes a vial and a syringe out of the bag and fills it with the liquid then injects it directly into his vein.
"I don't know what he was injected with so I don't know if this will work" he says. I crawl back over to Kohl and place my fingers over his pulse.
"Kohl, wake up. Please Kohl!" I'm​ almost yelling now, I shake him. "Kohl!" I slap his face. His eyes fly open and he grabs at my hand that's still raised.
"What happened?" He asks gripping my hand.
"I don't know, someone injected you with something" Derek replies.
"My face stings" Kohl says. I smile, relieved that he is awake.
"You landed pretty hard on your face when you passed out" I reply with a sly smile. Derek cracks a smile then crawls over the van's floor to where Jeremy is with the prisoner.
"Wait, Derek. It was your job to check him for weapons, that's really important." He doesn't say anything he just keeps his head down. I feel like I'm there acting parent most of the time. I sigh.
"Don't let it happen again, he could of killed you"
"I won't" he says with a nod. I turn to JJ
"Step on it."
"Finally" he replies with a crooked smirk.