Chapter 38

Someone knocks on the door as I'm about to lie down on the bed.
"Come in" I say. The medic from earlier opens the door and steps in.
"I'm going to bandage your bullet wound and leave you with some ointment to put on the cuts on your face and torso" he says.
"Okay" I nod to him as I roll up my sleeve exposing the hole that goes clear through my arm. I probably shouldn't have let the soap and everything get in it from my shower. He cleans it again before applying a bandage. Once he's done I pull down my sleeve.
"How's Sam?" I ask him.
"She's out of surgery, she's stable for now. She's being monitored closely, we'll know more once she's awake" he tells me.
"Thank you" I say to him
"I brought someone who wants to see you, I'm not supposed to let anyone over here to see you but he was quite determined to see you" he tells me as he turns around and opens the door. I stand up from the bed and before I can say anything I'm scooped up into a bone crushing hug. I freeze for a second, alarmed by being touched. I remind my self it's JJ and he won't hurt me. Then I hug him back, clinging to him.
"JJ" I cry as he squeezes me. At the moment I don't really care that he's squeezing me so tightly that it hurts.
"Princess, don't you ever do something like that ever again! I thought I'd never see you again" he says, I can tell he's holding back tears. I pat him on the back.
"JJ, you're kinda hurting me" I say and he releases me quite suddenly.
"Sorry" he says looking me in the eyes.
"What'd they do to you?" He says studying me. He notices my neck and lifts my hair from my neck. I shiver not wanting his hand that close to my neck. I step back and his hand falls to his side.
"Sorry you probably don't want to be looked over like your on a microscope" he says.
"It's okay, I just don't really want to be touched" I say to him.
"Oh. Oh, I probably should of asked before barreling in to give you a hug" he says slightly embarrassed.
"It's okay JJ" I say to him.
"Everyone wanted to come see you but they  only let me come. I think I annoyed the shit out of them and they just gave in" he says with a grin. Everyone must mean Gabby because her and JJ are the only other members of my team that are left.
"Well I'm glad your stupid face is the one I got to see" I say winking at him.
"There she is" he says grinning at me.
"I'm going to get some sleep, I feel like I haven't slept in months" I tell him.
"Alright princess, I'll have the kitchen send over something good for ya" he says as heads for the door. He shuts it behind him and I collapse on the bed closing my eyes and hoping for sleep to come.