Chapter 9- Family Dinner

"Dinner's ready!" I hear JJ yell from downstairs. I open my door to my room and Khol and Derek run past me shoving each other, trying to get to the stairs first. Khol plants his ass on the banester and rides it down. Derek leaps over the banester and lands at the bottom of the stairs with a thud. Derek throws his arm around Khol's neck and drags him to the kitchen while Khol punches him in the stomach. I roll my eyes and shake my head.
"Boys, there's food for everyone!" I yell making my way down the stairs. As the last word leaves my mouth Derek barrels up the stairs, grabs me by the waist and throws me over his shoulder.
"Come on!" I yell smacking him on the back as he takes off as fast as he can down the stairs. Me bouncing along. He deposits me next to my chair in the dining room.
"Your majesty" he salutes and I punch him hard in the stomach. He doubles over and starts to laugh as he holds his stomach.
"Can we be civil for one night?" Jeremy asks and rolls his eyes.
"Yes sir" says Khol saluting him.
"Seriously guys, come on" he says starting to get pissed off.
"Alright everybody chill, sit down and let's eat" I tell everyone and they all sit down. I slid into my seat and look across the table and see that Jeremy has made my favorite dinner. Barbeque chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans.
"Yummy!!" I exclaim. Jeremy looks at me and smiles.
"You're welcome" he says and starts passing the chicken.

Our dining room is huge the table could easily seat 20 people, we all stay at one end of it. It's too weird to spread out across the whole thing. You basically have to throw food across the table. It did make for an interesting dinner though.

There's a chandelier that hangs above the table. It has tiny little lights that shine from it, it's completely made of crystal. It looks like one huge snow flake hanging from the ceiling. Along the walls are serving trays on wheels that we have never used. There's coat racks beside the doors.

The compound originally belonged to a very rich family, the agency seized it because the family was actually the head of a very dangerous gang in the 1800's. The agency tracked down the entire gang. The only people alive who know where the compound is are in this room, our trainers and some agency officials.

I'm drawn from my thoughts by yelling. Jeremy and JJ are arguing over the chicken being cooked wrong.
"It's perfect! I cook it the same way every single time!" Jeremy yells pointing his fork at JJ. JJ grins ear to ear.
"It's dry this time, you did something wrong" JJ leans back in his chair smirking.
"Knock it off JJ!" Derek buts in "the chicken was amazing as usual Jer" Derek tells him shooting JJ a glare. JJ cracks up and Jeremy glares at him and stands up and stomps off.
"Do you have to get him all riled up all the time?" I huff at JJ.
"Yes, yes I do" he grins. I sigh as I hear Jeremy slam his bedroom door.
"You're an ass" I say and roll my eyes "you're cleaning up the table" I say and raise my eyebrows daring him to say no.
"Fine" he says throwing his head back.
"Belle, do you want to watch a movie?" Khol asks as he gets up from the table.
"Sure, what do you wanna watch?" I ask him.
"It's your pick tonight" he smiles at me which makes my stomach twist.
"Big mistake" I say and run for the living room. I whip Dirty Dancing off the movie shelve and shove it in his face. He shakes his head and takes the movie from me and walks over to the DVD player.
"Should of known" he laughs. JJ finished clearing the table then came in and joined us. Jeremy stopped sulking and came downstairs to watch and Derek mumbled and grumbled about the movie choice but came in and sat on the couch with several bowls of popcorn. And that is how we spent the rest of our night. Sacked out on the couch munching on popcorn.