Chapter 41

There's a knock at my door.
"AnnaBelle?" A voice says from behind me. A voice I know can't be real.
"Belle?" It says again. I squeeze my eyes shut and wish the nightmares away. A tear slides down my face and I crumple to the ground.
"AnnaBelle, open your eyes. Look at me, I'm here. Please Belle?" The voice pleads. I slowly open my eyes and I see a ghost crouched in front of me.
"You're not real" I say shaking my head.
"I'm real" he says and he reaches out to touch my cheek. His finger tips brush my cheek bone, I inhale sharply. I felt it. He's real. He's really here.
"Khol, you're alive" I cry and throw my arms around him knocking him to the floor. He wraps his strong arms around me and rolls over so he's on top off me looking down at me. He wipes the tears from eyes. I don't shrink away from Khol. I can't even remember what I was afraid of when his hands are on me.
"It takes more than a bullet to kill me Belle, you should know better" he says and presses his lips to mine. I melt into his kiss. Letting my lips memorize the way his mouth feels on mine. The way his tongue traces my lower lip. The way he moans when I bite at his lower lip. My body arches into his. His hand slips under my shirt, sending chills down my body. He pulls away from me, I grab the back of his neck and pull his lips back to mine. He smiles against my lips. He pulls me off the floor his lips still locked with mine. He picks me up and I wrap my legs around him. He sets me on the bed, my legs still wrapped around him. I pull at his shirt, only pulling away from him long enough to rip his shirt off of him. He shivers as I run my hands up his stomach. He grabs the hem of my shirt and lifts it over my head, I brace my self for him to wince or pity to flash in his eyes. But instead of withdrawing from me he pulls me close and whispers in my ear, his breath tickling my neck.
"You're still beautiful" he says and his lips find mine again. He presses his body against mine, wrapped in each other's embrace. Lost in each other. We stay that way for hours it seems. I cling to him. To the man I thought was dead. And for now I'm okay.

I wake up convinced it all was a dream. I saw the bullet tear through him and him crumple to the ground. But I open my eyes and there he is. Asleep on the pillow across from me. I reach over and brush his cheek, he stirs in his sleep. I study him. I notice the bullet hole now a scar directly over his heart. How is he alive? I place my hand over his heart feeling it's strong beat. I close my eyes drifting off to sleep again. The nightmares don't come. I feel safe beside the man I accidentally feel in love with.