Chapter 21-Last first kiss

I'm sitting in my office. Repeatedly tapping my pen on the desk. My mind is racing. I just got a message from the president of the agency he would like to meet with me and discuss a high priority mission. Why can't I be briefed by someone of lower authority? Why is this mission so important? My thoughts are interrupted by a knock at the door.
"Come in" I say not looking up from all the papers that cover my desk.
"AnnaBelle" I hear Khol say. I slowly look up and meet his eyes. He shuts the door behind him and walks towards me. I had been avoiding him since we almost kissed. We hadn't really talked much for a whole week.
"Is something wrong?" I ask.
"Yes.. Uhh.. No.. I don't know!" He exclaims very flustered.
"Things are strange between us now and I don't like it, I miss you so much" he says and his cheeks flush.
"You almost kissed me! I don't know how to act!" I exclaim my cheeks flushing now.
"Me either! You almost kissed me back! Don't put this solely on me!" He exclaims. He's standing in front of me now. I'm still seated in my chair, he's getting uncomfortable close.
"We can't fall for each other! We won't protect the team like we should! We will focus on each other!" I say and raise my voice.
"It's too late, I've already fallen for you" his voice softens and he kneels in front of me, taking my hands. I suck in my breath and try to pull back but he leans towards me slowly waiting to see if I'll pull back. When I don't he kisses me lightly on the lips at first then he deepens the kiss when I lean into him. I grab at him hungrily, pulling him to me. My veins feel like they're on fire. He pulls me into to his lap on the floor, I wrap my arms around his neck. He runs his hands up and down my back making me shiver. He pulls back and we both catch our breaths. Our faces are flushed.
"I've wanted to do that for so long" Khol says and buries his face in my hair. I pull back and take his face in my hands and give him a light kiss on the lips.
"I'm sorry for what I'm about to say. I care so much about you, I might even love you. But this can't happen again. You're amazing, you are everything that I want. You know how dangerous our work is. Loving each other will make us vulnerable and I can't put the team in danger because of us..." I say and a tear tracks down my cheek. He wipes my tear away and takes my face in his hand.
"I know it can't, I just had to know. I had to let you know how I feel. Let you know that I love you... Please.. Just stay in this moment a little longer with me.." He pleads, tears wheeling up in his eyes. I shake my head yes and he leans in and kisses me again. Softly, lingering for a second. Then he kisses each of my cheeks, then he just holds me. I wrap my arms around him and hold him close. I don't know how long we stay like this, it could of been hours or minutes. Finally he says
"I better go" he kisses my lips one last time, lingering. Then stands up and heads for the door. As he walks out he says something that I don't quite catch, he leaves before I can ask him what he said. I reach up and touch my lips and smile at the memory of how his lips feel moving with mine.