Chapter 16- Truth

After school that day I went out to the parking lot. Me and my brother had driven separately. I stayed after for volleyball practice. Before I got to my car I spotted​ the new guys from earlier. They were all hanging around my car like they were waiting for me. I stopped​ before I reached​ my car. I was only a couple feet from the blonde one.
"Do you guys need something?" I asked them.
"Can we talk to you?" The one named JJ asked.
"About what?" I asked suspiciously.
"This is gonna seem odd and you may not believe us but we are telling the truth" Derek told me leaning on my car.
"Uh I suppose we can talk, but please get off my baby" I said waving him away from my car. I had a cherry red 1967 chevy impala that I was very proud of. Don't ask me why. I thought she was pretty awesome. Her name was Old Red. My first car. Khol smirked at my comment.
"So this is hard to start into. So I'm just gonna go for it" Khol said and sighed. "You're life and the life of everyone you love is in danger. Someone is going to try to kill you, your family, your friends, and your boyfriend. You've gotta trust us. We're here to help" he finished and my jaw dropped. I laughed​.
"You're kidding right, this has to be a joke!" I exclaimed​. None of them cracked​ a smile like they were just messing with me. They all had expressions on their faces that clearly stated​ that they were dead serious.
"Who would want me dead? Of all people me? I've never done anything that bad! Maybe underage drinking!" I was yelling. Derek looked around to make sure no one else was around.
"Now this is gonna be even harder to believe but if you need proof we've got it. Your parents used to work for the government. They were federal agents, spies even. That's how they met. They retired to have a family. It was strongly suggested to them that they go under protective custody, which they refused. Knowing full well the dangers of leaving the agency unprotected. When they were agents they took down a very powerful gang, The Laveath family. Your parents thought that everyone was either dead or in prison for live. But turns out they missed a few important family members that have rebuilt the gang over the years. They want revenge. They've found you and your family. They want to kill you especially. You're the oldest, you're the most likely one out of the family to follow in your parents foot steps. And they want your parents to feel the pain that they did when they lost everyone they loved" after Derek finished I stood there quiet for a minute then sank to the ground up against Old Red.
"We're a part of the agency, that's how we got this information and it's how we found you before they did" JJ said.
"You've got to be playing some sick joke on me" I said staring at the ground.
"We wouldn't joke about this" Khol said kneeling in front of me. Derek and JJ both sat down on the ground against my car.
"So you believe us?" JJ asked​.
"I guess, I don't know why someone would make this up" I said still staring at the ground.
"How do we save everyone I love?" I asked​. "You must have a plan" I said as I looked​ up, meeting Khol's gaze.
"Oh we do" JJ said "it's a doozy though".
"As long as it saves them" I said.