Chapter 31

When I wake up I notice someone has bandaged my back. I turn over and sit up slowly, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did before. There's a tray on the floor with bread and a sandwich. I bend over and pick it up. As I sit up I feel someone watching me. I look out of my cell as someone steps out of the shadows. It's the girl again.
"I'm assuming you are the one who bandaged my back?" I ask her then take a bite of the sandwich, it's tastes much better than the soup they usually give me.
"Yes" she says "the sandwich too. I figured you could use something other than that terrible soup."
"Well thank you" I say taking another bite.
"Did you think about what I said about being allies?" She asks me.
"I don't think I have much of a choice" I say setting down the sandwich.
"I can get you out of here but I'm coming with you" she states.
"What about my brother? I know they moved him. Can you get him out too or is he already dead?" I ask chocking on the last words.
"I can find out for you but last I knew he said he didn't need him anymore" she tells me.
"Who is he?" I ask her.
"My father. Mr Laveath" she says like she didn't just drop that bomb on me.
"Your father? Why would you want to escape? How do I know this isn't a trap?" I ask her suspiciously.
"Being his daughter didn't save me from this" she says and points to the ragged scar that marred her face "it didn't save me from torture when he thought I had betrayed him, which I hadn't. He's crazy. He can't even trust his own blood" she says and her eyes tear up just a little bit.
"I'm sorry he did that to you" I say as I walk to the bars of my cell "how are we going to get out of here then?" I ask her.
"It's better if you don't know, I know you don't trust me but you're gonna have to" she says and turns and leaves. I sigh and walk slowly back to my cot and sit down. Trust someone I don't know, who is supposedly Mr Laveath's daughter. What had I gotten my self into?