Chapter 30

"Tell me where the other bases are!" Jeremy says through gritted teeth. I don't say a word. He presses a red hot iron rod to my back, burning my flesh. I scream in pain. I could smell my flesh burning.
"Fuck you" I say through my teeth. He snarls at me and presses it against my back once again. I cry out again. My vision is going black. My back is on fire. Tears stream down my face as he presses it into my skin once more.
"You will tell me" he whispers in my ear. Before I can spit an answer back at him I feel a sharp stab in my neck. My vision spins. My head feels fuzzy. The last thing I remember is Jeremy sneering at me and then everything is black.

I open my eyes to see Khol standing over me. I sit up and reach out to touch him and he steps back.
"Don't you were hurt pretty badly, you need to lay down" he says as he reaches for my shoulder gently pushing me back on my bed. For some reason I can't feel his touch.
"You're dead" I say and he smiles.
"I'm clearly very alive" he says to me "you got shot and you have a pretty bad concussion, the mission didn't exactly go as planned" he says ducking his head "what do you remember?" He asks.
"What do you mean? This isn't happening. I was taken. You are dead, JJ was injured and so was Gabby. Jeremy betrayed us" I say as a look of confusion crosses his face.
"Everyone is fine. What are you talking about? You're at the base with us" he says trying to calm me.
"No! This isn't real!" I yell and push him back but my hands don't collide with anything, they go through him and he disintegrates. Every thing disappears. What was my room is now just white. White Walls. White ceiling. White floor. I try to move but I can't. I'm strapped down to the floor. I pull on the chains but they don't give. I scream out in frustration and pull on the chains as hard as I can. I stop struggling because my head feels heavy and I'm dizzy. My vision blurs and goes black.

I wake up on the cold hard floor of my cell, my burned back aches. I try to stand up and cry out in pain as my skin stretches under the burns. I stifle a sob as I rise to my feet and  move slowly to my cot. I collapse on it, lying on my stomach. I close my eyes as my back seems to scream in pain. I reach up to touch my neck where I can feel a bruise forming from the needle prick. I close my eyes and hope for sleep to come so I'll have a break from this pain.