Chapter 8- Death by Tim

Tim is waiting in the gym looking intimidating. He's wearing a tight shirt with the sleeves cut off, making his big arms look even bigger. He has peppery, grey hair. Where he lacks in height he makes up for it in his personality. I'm almost sure he was a marine. He nods his head and makes his usual grunting noise as a greeting.
"Hey Tim, we really need our asses kicked. Our last mission was a disaster" at that he grins which is terrifying.
"That's what I'm good at" he says. 5 minutes later the rest of the guys showed.
"You're late, everybody take 5 laps around the gym! Go!" He yells and we all take off.
"Faster!" He growls at us.
"I want to see sweat, pick up the pace!" The guys fall into formation behind me like we were taught. Never pass your leader. Apparently Tim wasn't in on that.
"What the hell are you doing? Run your asses off! I don't care about formation right now!" He yells. So we all pick up the pace. I was still in front, I'm the fastest. But now the guys are all running all out.
"Jeremy! You may be a lab rat but you better pick up the pace or you will run another!" I glance behind me to see Jeremy at the back huffing and puffing. I come to a stop beside Tim barely out of breathe. I was a runner in high school. It's what I was good at.
"Alright gather up, stretch out" he says "we're going to do a drill."
And with that came hell.

+++

We're all sprawled out in the living room. Dripping in sweat and we all reek. I can't make my self get up and shower. Tim kicked our asses. The drill lasted two hours, if we didn't finish it at the same time we had to redo it. Needless to say we failed. He said we were going to do it everyday until we got it right. Jeremy was last every single time. He was not in anyway a runner or a fighter, our last trainer had tried with him but had failed. I hope Tim has better luck.
"Alright, I'm taking a shower. You all stink so you need to shower too. Jer it's your turn to cook dinner" I say before heading to my room.