Chapter 11- Proposal

I climbed into my car after work, I worked at a physical therapy office. Once I graduated high school I was going to go to school to be a physical therapist, I enjoyed helping people regain what they have lost after an accident or a surgery. It's very rewarding.
I checked my phone before pulling out of the parking lot. I had three missed calls from Cameron and about ten text messages from him. I went to his contact and hit call.
"What's the matter babe?" I asked once he picked up the phone.
"Where are you?" He asked. Even though he knew I had to work today.
"Leaving work, why?" I asked, slightly suspicious.
"You're usually off by now" he said "okay just wanted to make sure you're okay. Bye babe, I love you" then he hung up the phone before I had a chance to respond. I set my phone down slightly confused at his behavior. He knew that after work I was going to his house.

I pulled out of the parking lot and headed to his house. When I get there I walk up to the front door, I reach up to knock but the door is already cracked open. I pushed the door open and steped inside.
"Hello? Is anyone home?" I yelled. I got no reply. His parents weren't home. I walked into the kitchen. There was a note laying on the table, I picked it up and read it. "Find me if you can" it read. I started searching from room to room. Finally I stepped​ out onto the enclosed porch on the back of the house. There's another note "you're getting warmer" it said. I looked down, the floor was littered with red roses. I opened the back door and headed outside. The big oak tree in the backyard had a newly hung swing swinging from the branches. Sitting on the swing was a little box that could fit in the palm of my hand. I picked it up, there's a note taped to the top "open me". I opened the box to find a simple band with a small set diamond. I gasped​. Cameron came out from behind the shed in his backyard holding a bouquet of white lilies. He got down on one knee in front of me.
"Will you marry me AnnaBelle Marie Hopner?" His eyes started to tear up, I sat down on the swing so that I was at eye level with him.
"Yes, yes I'll marry you Cameron Levi Cooper" I said and kissed him passionately. He pulled me off swing and into the grass. I held out my left hand and he placed the ring on my ring finger, I looked down at the ring and smiled.
"Can we tell our families after we graduate? I'd like to live till graduation" I said and laughed.
"I thought you'd say that" Cameron said and pulled a necklace chain out of his pocket.
"You can wear it around your neck for now" he took the ring off my finger and placed it on the chain. He pushed my hair out of the way and clasped the necklace around my neck. It fell just below my necklace with my emerald cross on it. We laid down in the grass and watched the clouds roll by until his parents got home from work asking why there were roses everywhere.

I woke from my dream crying. That day was the best day of my life, we had been dating since 8th grade. Both of us thought we would never find what we had with anyone else and that we were destined to be together. But as fate had it we most definitely were not. We were young and naive.

I wiped the tears off my cheeks. I rolled over to see my clock. 5 o'clock. I sighed and pulled the covers over my head. Drifting back to sleep.