Chapter 46

The Agency has sent out teams the past couple of weeks to disband the rest of the Laveath gang. The main base was taken out by Sam when we escaped but a few smaller bases were left standing. All of them have been taken down and the Laveath gang is either dead or in our custody. The director has assured me that he personally saw it through. I'm pretty sure he feels bad for telling my team to stop trying but I would've done the same thing if it would keep them alive.

I've decided to take a break from missions for awhile. I'm still captain of my team and I still send them out on missions but I have temporarily sidelined myself. I'm completely healed at this point and I feel a lot better. My body took a beating and so did my mind. It's best for me to take it easy.

I recruited Sam on our team so she's kept me busy training her. She reminds me a lot of myself. She's very headstrong and determined. She's rather angry that the Agency took down her whole family without her. She said they put her through too much shit and she would have loved to see it all fall. I would have loved to have seen it fall too considering everything they took from me. They didn't just kill my family, they also killed my best friends and their families too. I wish I could seen them one last time. Cameron is still alive though. They left him and his family unscathed.

"Hellooo" I hear a voice calling me back to reality "princess, ya in there?" I hear JJ ask.
"Hmm" I say my focus snapping back.
"You good? You were really tripping there" he says with a laugh.
"Yeah I'm fine" I say shaking my head.
"Come upstairs we all have a surprise for you" he says smiling. I raise my eyebrows at him suspiciously.
"Oh quit, it's gonna be great" he says reaching over my desk and grabbing my hands.
"I'm coming" I say and sigh. I follow him up the stairs to the main floor.
"Close your eyes" JJ says. I give him a look.
"Come on, don't spoil it" he whines.
"Fine" I sigh closing my eyes. JJ takes my hand and leads me forward. He leads me until I bump into something soft but hard or a someone. I reach my hands up to touch someone's face. I hear a low chuckle. I open my eyes to Khol's beautiful face inches from mine. I take a step back to admire him, he's in a grey tux with a green tie. And he's clean shaven and he looks delicious. I laugh.
"What's this?" I ask looking around. Gabby is holding a box with a bow on it and JJ is holding bouquet of flowers. Sam is holding a small box that looks like a jewelry box. Kyle is standing beside Gabby looking a little akward but he also has a small box in his hands. I raise my eyebrows and look at all of them.
"What's going on?" I ask very confused.
"You're going out princess" JJ states like I can just leave.
"Umm.. Noo.." I tell them shaking my head.
"We're doing it, come on. You'll love it" Khol says. I cover my face with my hands overwhelmed by their kindness.
"Okay" I say and smile at them all. Gabby and Sam hand me the boxes they're holding.
"Go get dressed, I'll do you're hair" Gabby says pushing me towards the stairs. I look back at all of their grinning faces and head for my room forming a grin of my own.