Chapter 29

The only thing for me to do is keep moving. When Jeremy isn't inflicting unimaginable pain I work my muscles. Stay in shape so I can get out of here.
I was doing push-ups when I heard the door to the dungeon open. I retreat to my cot and sit down waiting for whoever it is to step in front of my cell.
It's a girl. She has bright red hair and a long, white scar that goes from her left temple to her right cheek. She walks up to the bars of my cell and just stares at me. She's studying me very intently like she's trying to figure out my whole life.
I clear my throat.
"Can I help you?" I ask her.
She startles at my voice "I thought you'd be scarier" she says "you don't at all seem threatening, you're just a girl not much younger than me."
"Looks can be deceiving, open the door and I'll show you scary" I sneer at her.
At that she grins.
"Silver tongue I see. They tell me you took out a lot of our men in hand to hand combat. I won't be making the mistake of letting you out, I value my life" She says.
"What do you want?" I ask her.
"I came to offer an ally" she states.
"Why would I trust you?" I ask her.
"Don't, but I've been where you've been and I can help you" she said and spun on her heal. I heard the door slam behind her. I laid back on my cot and thought about what she had said. I didn't have any allies here and I probably wouldn't get out by myself but that didn't mean I had to trust her.