Chapter 26-Oh dear

Once we got down to the cell blocks they threw me in a cell and locked the door. Cell block 148, two down from me is the target we were supposed to rescue. I have yet to catch a glimpse of who is in the cell. I don't know how long I've been down here. I haven't had anything to eat since I've been here, my stomach grumbles. No one has come back since they left me here. Not to ask questions, not to bring food and not to check on the other prisoners. I hear a heavy door open down the hall, it slams shut behind someone. I stand up from my spot on the floor against the wall. My body aches from sitting for so long. I think my cuts are getting infected from neglect. I keep my chin up as someone creeps out of the shadows.
It's a tall, thin man with no hair anywhere on his head or face. He might be in his 40's. He smiles, showing his white teeth.
"Hello, AnnaBelle. I've heard so much about you. You my dear are quite interesting to me." He says through a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes.
"Who are you?" I ask.
"Oh dear, I'm Mr Laveath himself."
I suck in my breath, I try not to let fear cross my face. This is the man who orchestrated the death of Khol's family, who tried to cause mine, the same man who had murdered so many Innocents just for the fun of it.
"I came to show you someone dear, someone you haven't seen in awhile. Someone you've probably missed a great deal" he says grinning. It makes my stomach churn. Who could he possibly mean? Khol? No, Khol was dead. He steps up to the door and slides a key into it. It clicks, he opens the door to my cell and stops and looks me dead in the eyes.
"Make any sudden movements and they will shoot you" he says pointing to windows just below the ceiling I had never seen before. Sticking out of each window was the barrel of a gun. I nod and he motions for me to follow him. He turns right towards cell block 150. I hesitate then follow him keeping my eyes trained on the guns all pointed at me. He stops and motions into cell block 150. I stop and look into the cell, what I see makes my heart plummet into my stomach. Bile rises in my throat, I chock trying to keep it down.

On the floor of block cell 150 a matted bloody mess is my little brother.

"Anthony?" I sob. At my voice his lifeless body stirs. I whip around to Mr Laveath.
"What the hell did you do to him?!" I yell.
"Watch it dear" he says and cocks his head towards the gunman. "Back to your cell" he says grabbing my arm. I pull my arm out of his grasp and knee him in the stomach. And then everything goes black.