13. Dusting off the past

Y/n pov

       I got to my house and I had some people come clean It up earlier. It looked sad and cold. No ones been here and you can tell. I walked up to the door and unlocked the door kinda scared to enter? I didn't know what to expect honestly, I didn't give instructions so it all could be changed.  I pushed the door open and everything was exactly the way I left it. I sighed walking in and closing the door. I walked up the stairs peeking into my studio, and there wasn't much i had to do before recording again. There were a lot of good memories in here. I walked out and headed to my room. I couldn't make myself open the door just yet so I turned to Camilas room. It was tidy but there wasn't much in here. A poster and two framed pictures of us together. I guess some things weren't important enough to take with her....I heard the door downstairs open and I went to see who it was.
     As I ran down the steps she was standing there looking around some. When Camila noticed me she gave me a small smile. I went and gave her a hug.
      "Hey."
      "Hey yourself miss."
     She rolled her eyes looking back around .
     "Not that it's bad but why is it so clean in here?"
      "I didn't want to come back to a dirty house... I haven't been in our room yet though."
    She looked back at me biting her lip some nervously.
    "Together then?" She extened her hand out to me, so I nodded following her up the stairs.
        She pushed open the door, and the memories came back. All our "cave days", and light mornings. All the lonely nights, and fights. She went and grabbed a picture off of the nightstand sitting on the bed.
      " This was the day after your birthday, when you wanted to have a Picnic."
    I laughed sitting next to her and looking At it.
      "And I ended up blowing bubbles with that toddler that didn't have a play mate?"
        we both laughed az she nodded. It was kind of just a generic photo with us laying on the ground smiling at the camera. It was pretty basic but we loved it so whatever.
     "You two were super cute."
   she shrugged as she put it back. There was then a slightly deafening  silence that fell on us.
  "Um before everyone gets here I wanted to say that I really really did miss you. I know I said that but yeah. I just after that talk we had I realized alot of things I had never taken notice to about you. We really weren't as in love as we thought were we."
    She looked down playing with her fingers some, while I sighed some.
    "Yeah.... I love you now but I honestly didn't really know what that meant back then you know?"
     "Definitely."
    I laid back moving up onto the pillows crossing my arms behind my head. She moved up beside me letting her arms rest on her stomach, and we stayed silent.
      "So can we honestly just start over? Like as friends, without the tension?"
     I turned to look at her furowing my brows some.
      "I mean I want to get to know you forreal. Start over fresh...."
    "Ok. But how since we've been really close song I got back?"
    She thought for a minute sighing before she spoke again.
    "Well.. My mom's birthday weekend is in a month and she wants to actually meet you. We've lived a year completely  apart, let's do it for another month as just friends."
     I just looked at her. Damn I never have met her family....i don't think we ever discussed our families ever. It was just us in a delusional bubble.
   "Why did you never talk about your family with me....?"
     "Why didn't you."
     She turned to me before looking back up at the ceiling.
     "I'm sorry y/n...... I just didn't have the best relationship with them when I moved out here. It took me a while to rebuild that relationship. I never mentioned it because i really didn't want to think about it. I was in my own little fantasy I guess. What about you?"
    "Well...... My dad disowned me when I was 18 for perusing a "stupid pipe dream." He wanted me to follow in his footsteps and take over, because He knew he was going to prison."
     "And your mom.....?"
    "She was the best when I was younger she always encouraged me to do what I love. But she was my dad's wife and she could just as cruel. When I was a teenager she tried to show me how to use my charms to flip a girl. Get her to run drugs for my dad and all."
    I looked over at mila who was staring at me blankly.
    "I was really good at it, but it didn't feel right to ruin those girls like that so i ran away. I didn't have anywhere but I would sing on the street and one day Dianh and Mani came by. They're the only real family oh had for the last 6 years Mila."
      I sighed crossing my arms turning on my side completely.
     "That's why i still talk to my exs from time to time. As fucked as it is they helped me figure out this whole dating and love thing. Like I said you were an experiment that turned into the greatest thing that's ever happened to me."
      She ran her fingers over my face some smiling.
    "And don't tell Dianh that or my ass is dead."
      We both busted out laughing some, before I sat up pulling her with me.
      "On that note come on. Let's get readyyyyy to partaayyy!"
          "You're such a dork y/n!" She laughed pushing me back into the bed walking out.
       I felt like a weight had been lifted, and I was in such a good mood. I was gonna have the best night ever I could feel it.
______________________________________

   Super SUPER short I know just eh