It Was Raining

A/N: So I know I'm kinda skipping throughout the fourth book, but please just bear with me! I hope I can take this book until after the second Wizarding War. I know it's ambitious, but I'm not a Slytherin for nothing!

Hermione's P.O.V.

I couldn't tell if the water trailing down my cheeks was rain or tears. I really didn't care at that point. I heard screaming. It wasn't my own, I knew that much. I felt arms wrap around me. I smelled the familiar smell of Weasley, but not the Weasley most would expect. I buried my face into Fred's chest and knotted my hands into the material of his shirt.

"Shh... I have you, Hermione. Don't worry. I'll protect you." I heard Fred's soothing voice as I sobbed into his chest. He stroked my back and held me in a tight embrace.

"Do you want to leave?" he asked me. I sniffled and nodded. He scooped me up wedding style as I wrapped my arms around his freckled neck and cried into his shoulder. He carried me to the castle from the third event. He climbed every stair to get to Gryffindor tower. I heard him whisper the password and I felt him stepping into the common room. He sat me down on the couch and he sat in one of the armchairs. I sat up abruptly, making Fred jump up.

"Harry! Holy cricket, I left him! Imagine what he's feeling right now! I'm a terrible friend!" I cried. I stood up and went to go exit when a hand grabbed my arm. I stopped, as the person probably wished me to.

"Fred, let me go," I said slowly. I turned around to face him. I studied him, for the first time. I have never really had a chance to really look at him. His red hair was brighter than Ron's and messier. His brown eyes were the color of chocolate and they had a sparkle in them that gleamed mischief. Most people knew him as tall, but he was taller than I had originally thought. Fred had more freckles than Ron on his face. I wondered if it was the same case with George...

I touched his arm with my free hand and he let go. I walked back to the couch and sat back down. He smiled, which lit up his whole face. Fred walked over to the couch and sat down next to me. I laid down and put my head on his lap and he started brushing my hair. The sleep that I had pushed to the back had finally came up and overwhelmed me.

I heard his voice as I fell into sleep. But not the boy who's lap my head was in. No, the boy who had crushed my heart. "What are you doing with her?!" I finally lost consciousness.

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter. I hope you like it, and remember, I love comments and feedback! Love you guys!