23

August

"LA I motherfuckin' love y'all, thank you and good night." I said closing out my show

I got off stage and Bri hugged me. I kissed her.

"You did so good baby." I grabbed my towel and wiped my face

"Thanks, I'm glad you came out tonight."

"You know I gotta support my baby." I grabbed her waist

"Let's get you home..."

"No afterparty?" I shook my head

"I just wanna chill with you and take care of my baby."

"August I'm not handicapped, I'm just very fucking unfortunate."

"I know that Bri, I just want to comfort you and make sure you're okay."

"I'm just fine August and I don't wanna be reminded everyday that I have cancer and I'm gonna die." she yelled

"I'm going to the car, i'll be waiting for you. Good job tonight." she kissed my cheek

I sighed as she slammed the door. This has been our life ever since we found out that Brianna has cancer.

She shuts me out when I try to comfort her, she is trying to party every night. I picked up this little gig and she insisted that she come with me.

I undressed and then put on my sweats and my Nike hoodie. I slid on my gamma 11's and walked out with my bodyguard.

Chad

"Yes, that's fine. We will work out all the other details tomorrow when I come into work." I said writing notes down on a sticky note.

I looked up and Kendra walked and sat on my lap as I talked on the phone.

"Aight Carlos see you tomorrow." I hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" she asked

"My co-worker, all of my employees have to present they brand to me and I have to pick one and I'm helping Carlos with his cause he is really creative."

"Isn't that cheating?" she laughed

"Nope, just because he is really talented and creative doesn't mean I have to pick him, It's all about presentation."

"You a fool." she kissed me

"You being to nice while you're pregnant, what do you want Ken?"

"Welllll...... I am hungry can you order some wing stop?" I shook my head

"No Kendra you know the doctor said EAT HEALTHY." she rolled her eyes

"I know, I know."

"I'll make you a deal."

"What?"

"If you go eat a fruit salad, I'll order you some wing stop..."

"Deal." she kissed my lip