4- Red 1 & Red 2

Before I knew it, Lia was standing at my front door.

I finished the bedroom set in a little less than two and a half hours, and if I do say so myself, it was a masterpiece. Dark wood would give it both a classy and dark feel, the antique but rough design making it perfectly imperfect. Deciding to forget about it for now, I opened the front door and was immediately met by two bottles of wine where Lia's face should be, but still heard my best friend's voice clearly.

"I will drink wine on a boat, I will drink wine with a goat.

I will drink wine on a train, I will drink wine in the rain.

I will drink wine with a fox, I will drink wine from a box.

I will drink wine with a mouse, I will drink wine in a house.

I will drink wine here or there, I will drink wine everywhere!"

We were both grinning like idiots after her little Dr. Seuss adaption, when I wrapped her up in a huge bear hug (careful not to let her drop the two bottles of red in her hands or hurt my ribs). This was one of the reasons I loved this girl. She wasn't just someone who worked for me, she was someone who was always there for me. She shared my love for wine and whiskey and knew just how much I needed to forget about Nate right now. She was always there when I needed her, and knew when I needed or didn't need to talk.

"I love you, you know that?" I asked after the hug ended.

"I love you too. I'm sorry I wasn't there to stop him" her voice broke at the end, tears filling her eyes.

"Hey now, you couldn't have- you know that." I replied gently, taking her hand. "You're always there for me, even if you're not around. That means more to me than anything else, so don't you dare blame yourself."

"I know, but still. I'm making it up to you tonight. We're going to have the time of out lives and you won't even remember remembering him." She gave me a wink, squeezing my hand and tugging me to the kitchen.

She took out our 'special' wine glasses- they could hold up to half a bottle each- and opened red #1. Grinning at her, I realized once again that she really was gorgeous- wild, dark curly hair and mocha skin with the prettiest brown eyes I'd ever seen. She was nothing less than exotic in my eyes. If I was into girls, I'd screw her in a heartbeat. Taking the glasses to my room, I put on some music to get in the right mood.

"Where do you think we should go? It's only Thursday, so our options are a bit limited." I asked, starting to sway to the sound of Beyonce's Partition. I usually tried to update my playlists as soon as I found new music worth listening to, but some songs would stick with me even after I listened to then thousands of times

"We should head to Mistique, they're always a good option. Maybe even try to get to the VIP section if it's not too busy." she answered with a wink.

"I don't think I'll be hooking up with anyone in that section any time soon, but you know I can get us in there anyway. Johnny owes us a few favors after we got his baby's furniture designed and delivered in less than a week and still charged him at the standard rate." Johnny was the owner of Mistique, and the idiot initially forgot to place the order when his wife told him to and remembered less than a month before the baby's due date. To avoid his hormonal spous' wrath, he promised me unlimited favors as long as they were within reason.

"It wouldn't kill you to hunt down a rebound, y'know. Even if it is just for a little fun. After everything that happened you more than deserve it." she pouted, ignoring everything else I said.

"If I see someone who would be worth the fun, maybe, but I'm not going out guns blazing just to find someone to hook up with. I'm going out to consume copious amounts of whiskey and tequila with my best friend."