25- Warm Welcome

"Well fuck, look what the VP dragged in!"

Those were the first words spoken after the initial silence that followed our entry into the bar. Like something from a fucking movie, you could hear a pin drop after we walked in. Some members were looking at us with jaws hanging on the floor, prospects and some sweet butts looking very confused while others simply grinned. Emma was the one to break the silence, jumping up from her spot next to Rex to meet us.

"You gonna tell me what your secret is this time? You haven't changed a bit from the last time I saw you, you lucky bitch." I grinned, hugging her tightly. She had chocolate brown hair styled in a pixie cut with the prettiest, light green eyes I'd ever seen.

"Lots of sex, honey. All day every day if you can take it." she winked.

"Oh god, please don't encourage her. If there's one thing she doesn't need more of, it's sex." Lia groaned, making me laugh.

"Emma, this is Lia, my best friend and sister. Lia, this is Emma." I grinned.

"Nice to meet you honey, be sure to watch out for some of these boys. They haven't seen something as gorgeous as you since Layla's last visit, so they're bound to be thirsty." she winked before turning back to me. "So, you're getting enough, huh?" she asked with a sly smile.

"That's one hell of a story for later, honey. I'll tell you as soon as we've had a drink." I grinned, motioning to the bar.

"Now that's a story I wouldn't want to miss- as long as that other guy, Nathan I think, didn't put that ring on your finger. Jax told me a few things about him the last time we talked." Splinter added with a stern look, and just like that there was chaos.

A table was flung upside down by Tony, who was sitting with two other members I didn't recognize. He was breathing deeply, a dark look on his face. Everyone else seemed to think that there was danger, because there were guns whipped out in less than two seconds, everyone looking for the threat.

"All right, all right, everyone sit your asses back down!" Rex's voice boomed, his tall figure looking impossibly more threatening than I remembered. "Thrasher, go walk it off. NOW." he glared at Tony, who glared at me in return. I looked at him somewhat apologetically, not knowing how strong his reaction to my engagement would be.

"No, I'm not engaged to Nate." I breathed when he was out of sight, moving to the bar. The others followed and I instructed a prospect to hand me a bottle of bourbon and two glasses. He watched me with a skeptical look, not sure if he should listen to me or not.

"I'd give her what she wants before she hands your ass to you Marty. This one isn't like anything you've seen before." Rex warned, pinning the prospect with his hard stare.

Marty scoffed but did as he was told. As soon as he put the last glass down, I grabbed his wrist with one hand and his shirt in the other. Bending the former at an uncomfortable angle, I pulled at his shirt till his face was level with mine.

"Now listen here prospect, you might think that you're important because you have the idea that you're going to be in one of the country's top MC's. I'm going to tell you that it doesn't mean shit if you can't take some initiative to see what's going on around you. Your VP respects me, your President respects me and so does his old lady, so you'd do well to think that you should fucking respect me. I know you can see that I'm not a sweet butt or some other whore, though you should know always to treat women with respect anyway. Now that we've had this little chat, tell me, we good?" I asked, taking a moment to actually look at the guy. He wasn't ugly, with sandy blonde hair that reached his ears and doe-like brown eyes. He just needed an attitude adjustment. He looked at me with annoyance which turned into shock, then slight awe as he finally grinned at me.