34- Interruptions

"You know, you still owe me a trip."

I was lying on Nikolai's chest, tracing invisible patterns with my fingertips all along his shoulders. We were blissfully unaware of everything outside of the room, both of us as naked as the day we were born with a thin sheet covering us.

"I do, do I?" he smirked.

"Mmm-hmm. After I miscarried, you promised to take me away once everything was over. I know it isn't really over yet, but we thought it was for a while. So you owe me a trip." I grinned.

"Well, technically we are taking a trip to Russia in two days." he winked.

"Are we going to stay in a luxurious hotel and fuck like bunnies?" I questioned.

"No to the first, maybe to the second."

"Are we going to act like real tourists and go sight-seeing?"

"No."

"Going to relax on any beaches, sipping on boozy drinks the whole day?"

"No."

"Then it doesn't count." I chuckled.

"I promise to take you wherever you want to go as soon as we are finished in Russia." He said, kissing the top of my head as he traced his fingers up and down my spine. "Where would you want to go?"

"I'm not sure. Greece is absolutely gorgeous, but I've been there. Have you?" I asked inquisitively.

"No, I haven't. Do you have any relatives there?"

"My father's mother and sister used to live there, but I'm not so sure where they are now. My mother forbade us from contacting them after his death and wouldn't tell us when they tried to contact us. I'd love to find them someday, but I'd rather go somewhere for just us two before we do that."

"Any time, sweetheart. How about France or Italy? Or somewhere with lots of sand and palm trees, maybe a few nude beaches?" he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Surprise me. You can tell Maya and Lia and I'll ask them to pack for me, or we can buy what we need  there." I grinned, jumping up to straddle him. "We can even drive to the airport and choose a random destination based on the available space on the flights when we get there. Whatever we want."

"I love you." he smiled softly, looking at me with so many happy emotions my heart wanted to melt.

"And I you, more than anything else in this world." I kissed him softly, slowly, pouring all my love into it.

I really did. No one had ever made me feel so loved, so cherished. I know he screwed up occasionally, but everyone did one way or the other. I couldn't imagine my life without him. No matter the ups and downs, we would always need each other. Nothing could keep me away from Nikolai, I wouldn't allow it. I was emotional and hasty when I gave him my ring back, but I didn't know all the details. How could I even think of letting such an amazing person go?

"Let's elope." I spoke softly, raising my gaze from his lips to his eyes, watching them widen in shock.

"Are you serious?" his tone was slightly hesitant, but more surprised than anything.

"Completely. We don't need a big fancy do, as long as you and I are married at the end of the day, that's all that matters. Right?" I grinned.

"My mother will throw a fit." he warned, smiling anyway.

"Let her. We'll let them know right before we leave for the honeymoon." I laughed.

He grabbed me roughly by the hips and switched our positioning so that he was lying on top of me, right between my legs.