11- Bliss and Tragedy

The days that passed after our engagement flew by in a blur.

Nikolai and I were inseparable, never getting enough of each other. I was in a constant semi-sore state, but that didn't stop us. The pregnancy brought us even closer together, and today was my doctor's appointment. I was giddy, I knew it was still early, but I couldn't wait to hear the heartbeat and see the little peanut growing inside me. Our peanut.

Nikolai was already planning on baby proofing our house, since he decided to let someone rent the place he bought. I was sad that he wouldn't enjoy the furniture, but at least someone else would. I was already sketching an entire set for the nursery, though I knew that there would be five more that followed, especially once we found out the baby's gender. Jax and Maya were over the moon with our news, as was Nikolai's brother, Alexei. His parent's were a bit shocked, but very happy. His dad kept  talking about names, how it should have a 'godly' name like mine if it was a girl, a true 'warrior' name if it was a boy. I just laughed, happy that they would be there to support us.

My conqueror, of course, was waiting on me hand and feet. He barely let me do anything outside of my study and literally fed me at times. Not that I was complaining, it was hella sexy how protective he was. Always touching me, mostly my stomach, sometimes even talking to the baby. Absolutely swoon worthy.

"Is my baby hungry yet?" Speak of the devil. "I've just restocked the fridge and got some fruit if you'd like." he said, kissing me softly on the lips.

"He or she is still good, thank you. Your breakfast was big enough to last me for days. You're going to get me fat." I teased.

"Is that not the point of pregnancy? Eat as much as you like of whatever you like?" he teased back.

"Watch it, smartass. I did that before I was pregnant." laughing, I wrapped my arms around him. It felt so good to be with him, he made me feel safe, secure and happy. Also horny most of the time.

"Niko, we need to leave if we're going to get to the appointment on time. I have a meeting at the shop after." I spoke in a heavy voice after he began kissing my neck.

"Yes, yes. That's why we have to drive separate cars, I know. You still okay with me leaving for the night? You could always come with me to Alexei's house."

"I can't, I need to approve some of Lia's designs tomorrow morning. We have a shopping date right after." I explained, pecking him on the lips and getting my bag from behind him. Usually I'd jump at the chance to go with him, but I needed some girl time. I loved that he was so attentive, but I needed to be with someone who would let me do things for myself for a few hours, and Lia definitely wasn't going to be as doting as Niko.

"Very well. Let's go" he gave in, opening the front door and the Jeep's for me when we got there.

"I'll see you there. Drive safely." he kissed me softly, bowing down to do the same to my belly. He was going to be an amazing father.

Starting the Jeep, I drove off with Nico right behind me. He wasn't driving as close as the last time, but close enough to annoy me, making me decide to lose him when I got another opportunity at the exact same traffic light. Just like the last time, his number lit up on the dash, calling me.

"You really need to stop doing that." he said as soon as I answered, amusement clear in his voice.

"But it's so fun. Besides, you need to stop diving so close that you could basically hitch a ride in my trunk." I joked.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll try to give you some more driving space, but only because you nearly scratched my car when you rolled back at the last stop sign. Clutch control, baby." he teased.