9- I am Yours, You are Mine

One month, two weeks and three days.

That's how long it'd been since I'd heard from Nate.

Lia had seen him walking past the store once or twice, but that's it. No calls, no threatening messages, no unexpected or unwanted visits, and it was pure bliss. I'd been preoccupied with Nikolai's office and home furniture, since the designing alone took about two weeks. He was happy with every piece that I presented, but I changed a few details with each one before I sent the designs to production and had to run the changes by him first. That made the process even longer than it already was.

We were going to deliver the office furniture tomorrow, and the ones for his house this weekend so I could help him arrange them. His office furniture had a very clean and sharp look, everything either steel or glass. The building itself didn't get much light, so I didn't want to use dark wood in case it would make the office look too dreary. His home was the complete opposite, windows stretching from the floor to the ceiling in most rooms. It was a gorgeous four bedroom house with an enormous yard and pool, fire pit and a small little guest house in the back. I used mostly dark wood for everything, some metal pieces as well.

I was currently in my home office, working through a few designs my brother asked for. Maya looked ready to pop, when she really still had six weeks to go, but I wanted everything finished at least a month before. If he wasn't my brother I'd charge him double for the rush. Apparently, they wanted to remove all the glass pieces in their house in order to make it more 'baby friendly' and didn't thing to do so earlier in the pregnancy. I'd been sick for about a week, which only served to delay production even more. I had ginger tea, allergy pills and some NyQuil in front of me, all lined up neatly and patiently waiting for me to drink them. I would've ingested them about an hour ago if I didn't know they were only going to come back up in less than ten minutes.

Nikolai interrupted my stare down with my medication, stepping into the office in all his glory. We've been nearly inseparable since the day I beat Nate up, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Even if we hadn't even known each other a full two months, it felt as if he'd always been a part in my life.

"You should be in bed, goddess." he pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

"I need to finish these designs, my conqueror. They need to be in production by tomorrow if they're going to be ready in time." I explained, eying his naked torso and towel clad lower half. Yes, we were still having sex, the flu wasn't going to stop that. Things were absolutely amazing between us, and getting quite serious.

"I can't have my woman work herself into an early grave. Drink your meds and get into bed. You can finish the designs after you've rested for a few hours. I'll get you some crackers or soup to calm your stomach." he spoke in a no nonsense tone, moving to place me on his lap.

"Your woman, eh? I get no say in this?" I teased, taking the NyQuil and sipping on my tea.

"No, you do not. I am yours and you are mine, though I suspect you know this." he stated, kissing my shoulder.

"This is true. And I'm not complaining one bit." moving to kiss him, the urge to vomit quickly became too strong to ignore.

Running to the closest bathroom, the few things that were in my stomach quickly escaped into the toilet bowl. Nikolai rubbed my back, trying to soothe me when all I wanted to do was cry. Why couldn't this damn flu just go away? I had too much to do, I couldn't afford to be sick right now. Couldn't I just have some sniffles like any normal person? Rinsing out my mouth after getting up, Nikolai carried me to bed and tucked me in.

"You don't have a fever, but Lia said that she wanted to come check on you. She also said that the office's furniture is ready, so I'm going to go help them unload everything. Will you be okay?" he asked in a worried voice.