Chapter 24

I was woken up with a shake. “C’mon it’s time to party again” a low voice mumbled. I rolled over and got out of bed to see it was dark again outside, we’d clearly slept another say away. The owner of the voice had disappeared, but had left a clothes bag on the end of my bag, I assumed this would be my outfit for this lovely Sunday night.

I showered and left my hair to dry naturally and then went over to the clothes bag. I slowly unzipped it to reveal a lime green, sparkly showgirl’s outfit, complete with the headdress. Storming out of my room I found Chrissy.

“Are you being serious?” I asked her.

“What?” she asked me

“We’re dressing up as Vegas showgirls?” I snapped incredulously, sassily placing my hands on my hips. She copied my stance.

“Yes. Now go change” she ordered. I made no move. “You leave me no other choice then” she sighed. “Tyler, Carter, will you come and get Charlie to wear her outfit?” she called with a smirk.

“No, no, no it’s fine I’ll wear it” I yelled over my shoulder as I hurried back into my room, judging by the smirk she had plastered to her face,  I would be in that outfit whether I liked it or not.

I pulled the lime green sparkles on quickly and slipped on the matching heels and strode out of the room.

“You look lovely, I’ve been instructed to do your hair and makeup!” trilled Alexis. Begrudgingly I sat down and let her curl my hair and do my makeup. Once she had finished, she placed the headdress on my head and then put her matching one in purple on her head. As soon as we’d done that, Emma, Jess and Chrissy all came into the living area, with the exact same outfits on but in different colours, to be fair we did all look really good.

“Boys, can you come take photos please?” Emma yelled. The boys shuffled in, all dressed in tuxedos and top hats, Carter took the camera and began to take photos of us all. When he was finally done, we left the top floor and went down into the Casino for the last time.

“Remember guys, we have to leave by two in the morning, so we’ll leave the casino at midnight okay?” Jack asked, to which we dully nodded, that left us only about two hours to gamble, but not get drunk because we still had the long drive back.

“I got a round in guys” Carter called. Just as I was about to tell him we weren’t allowed alcohol I noticed that he was holding a tray full of cans of red bull. Smiling I grabbed one and drank it all in one gulp.

“Let’s get this party started!” I cheered and began to place bets in our game of poker.

Midnight rolled around quickly, so we left the casino and went up to our suites to pack. After we’d haphazardly chucked our stuff into the bags, Chrissy checked out for us and got the keys back to the cars. I got into the first car that was ours and promptly decided I would be diving back. Jack, Parker, Carter and Matt all piled into the back and Tyler slid in next to me in the front; clearly I was in the boy’s car.

The drive was long and horrible, for the whole two and a half hours Tyler was navigating so we kept bickering and he boys in the back were being annoying by trying to distract us. The amount of red bull I’d consumed was slowly starting wear down and I was sick of their behaviour. Thankfully we got back fairly quickly and by five o’clock on Monday morning we were sipping coffee in the kitchen, trying to stay awake for school in the next few hours.

We went over the photos and put them all on Facebook, everyone showered, borrowed clothes did their hair and makeup and we were ready for school by eight in the morning. Piling back into the cars, we drove to school and were ready for a long, tiring, and boring day.