F Ø U R

I woke up at around 4 o'clock, feeling a tiny bit better. It was obvious I had been crying while I slept, my face was stained and felt weird. My head was still pounding harshly, leaving me feeling dizzy and drained.
I need to eat. I thought, realizing how hungry I was. Mom probably made something.
Forcing myself out of bed, I walked out of my room and down the stairs into the kitchen.
My mom turned around at the sound of me entering the kitchen. "Oh, you're up!" She gave me a smile.
Why do you insist on smiling at me? Can't you see that I'm a goner? I thought angrily. "Hey mom." I said bleakly. "Did you make anything for dinner yet?"
"I'm starting dinner right now. We're having fish and shrimp tacos." She smiled and went back to cooking.
"Oh, okay." I said, sighing and walking to go and sit on the couch. I should go to the forest. I thought to myself and nodded. Yeah. That sounds good.
"Hey mom, I'm going to the forest. Send Maddi to get me when dinner is ready." I said asbo began to walk out the door. I only trusted Maddi. Zack was just plain mean and Jay, well he ignored me all the time. Maddi was the only person who actually understood me and everything I went through every day.
"Okay, honey." My mom called to but I barely heard her, I was already running out the door. I ran through the forest, a sense of relief and peace filling me at the familiar scent. I looked around for a moment before climbing a tree and sitting back against the trunk, sighing.
"Hey."
I looked down at the person the voice came from. "Oh...hey Josh."
The blue haired both waved and climbed up the tree, sitting on the branch a little bit above mine. "Didn't expect to see you here. You come here often?"
I nodded. "Yeah, almost everyday." I look down awkwardly.
"It is nice here." He almost whispers to me.
"Yeah, it's really nice here. I love it." I said plainly, using the same tone I used with everyone.
Josh obviously recognized the tone because he tilted his head at me. "Why do you talk like that?"
"Like what?"
"All sad." He responded simply.
I shook my head. "Well maybe I am sad." I started climbing down the tree. "That's for you to find out."
I jumped and landed smoothly on the ground, hearing a small thump not to long after I had climbed down the tree.
"Tyler!" Josh ran up to my side. "Are you sad or not?"
I stared at him. "Like I said, that's for you to find out. I'm not going to tell you, blue-boy."
Josh groaned. "Fine."
I shook my head a little bit. Why does this boy insist on being friends with me? Why can't he just be like everyone else? Why can't he see how much of a fuck up I am? I didn't get why Josh liked me. I wasn't exactly a likeable person as most people would say. Hell, I wasn't even a person that should have been alive. I walked quietly, lost within my own thoughts zoning out every word Josh said to me, only nodding to look like I acknowledged his words. Looking down, I started to scratch at the back of my hands small droplets of blood forming.
"Tyler?" Josh placed a hand on my shoulder and shook me lightly. "You okay?"
I nodded. "I'm fine."
"You're scratching your hands." He grabbed one of my hands but I quickly yanked it away from him. "Sorry."
I shook my head, stopping suddenly. "Listen, Josh, I don't want to be friends. I don't need you or anyone for that matter. I just want to be left alone." I said angrily, not sticking around to see his reaction to my harsh words. I ran away from him, deeper in the forest ignoring his calls. He wasn't my friend. I won't let him get close to me. I didn't want to hurt anyone else like I'm hurting my family. I quickly climbed a tree, climbing as high as I could.
"Tyler! Tyler I'm sorry!" Josh yelled from below, I could hear the desperation in his voice. "I'm sorry!" He yelled one last time before sprinting in the opposite direction.
Sure I felt bad about what I said. But, it had to be done. I couldn't hurt anyone else, I just couldn't. I wouldn't hurt anyone else.
A few moments passed before I decided it was safe to climb down. I climbed down fast, eager to get out of the woods and away from the possibility of seeing Josh again. I started running, tripping over a rock and falling flat on my face.
It took a minute to realize what had happened. I felt blood start leaking down the side of my face and the cuts on my arms bursting open again. My head started pounding again but I was too weak to move. It all started hurting again...I couldn't breath. I couldn't scream, I couldn't speak. I lifted my arms up and I felt my face go pale. Filled with blood and scrapes and scratches. As for my face, I wasn't sure but it hurt.
"Help!" I screamed weakly, feeling tears start to flow down my face, stinging as they ran over the cuts on my face. "Please!"
Everything around me started going blurry. I could see black on the edge of vision, everything was spinning.
"Someone..." I choked out.
Then, everything around me went black.

---
Thanks so much for over 700 reads, I really didn't expect this story to get this far. :)