T W E N T Y S I X

Four.

---
I didn't leave that position, I cried into Josh's cold hand until we reached the hospital which the trip itself took around two hours. I hadn't felt this broken since my mom died all those years ago. I inflicted this broken feeling on myself, I ruined everything me and Josh had. It was all broken. Much too broken for me to take. I wanted to end it. I wanted to stop this horrible fucking pain pulsating through my bones, I wanted to stop the aching pain in my mind. I wanted to stop the voices, I wanted to stop this pain so fucking badly. I was crying so hard, the coldness of Josh's hand seeping through my entire body. It hurt. It hurt so fucking much. The ambulance stopped quickly, jerking me forward slightly, but I didn't care. The back doors of the vehicle opened and I let got of Josh's hand, stepping aside so they could wheel his body out of the ambulance. I jumped out of the ambulance and walked at the side of the bed, reaching for Josh's lifeless hand again.
"Sir?"
I looked up quickly. "Yeah?"
"Do you know this boy's parents?" One of the paramedics asked me.
"Yeah, I do." I said simply looking back down.
"Can you call them for us? I'm afraid this'll be the last time they'll see their son." He said bleakly.
"Okay." I said and pulled out my phone, dialing Laura Dun's number.
Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.
No answer. I called again. The second time around a husky male voice answered, I assumed it to be Josh's dad.
"Hello? Who's this?"
"Uhm...where's Laura?" I said nervously.
The line went dead for a few seconds before he responded. "She's out with some of her friends right now."
"Well uhm..." I said awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck. "Josh is dead."
"What?"
"H-he h-h-hung himself. I w-w-was there and we a-are at ho-hospital right now..." I said my voice shaking as I was on the verge of tears.
"Okay I'll be there soon."
The line went dead completely and I put my phone away. "His dad is coming."
"Okay." The man said and we started walking again. "You're gonna need to wait in the living room. Family only."
"I'm his boyfriend." I said softly, fighting back the tears forming in the corners of my eyes.
"Doesn't matter." He said sternly. "Blood family only, I'm sorry."
I just nodded and wiped my cheeks, the small tears sliding down my cheeks.
"Wait in here." He said dryly and began to wheel Josh's body off into a room.
I looked around the waiting room curiously, examining every person who sat there.
Most people were sitting on their phones, typing away as if they weren't in a hospital but somewhere else in the world. Few people seemed to be in my situation, with tear stained cheeks and broken eyes. I noticed a young girl sitting alone in the corner, tears flowing down her soft, rosy cheeks.
I sat down in the chair next to her. "Hi." I said softly and she looked up.
"Hi..." She said shyly, giving me a tiny wave before returning her gaze back to the ground.
"Why are you here alone sweetie?" I asked softly, gazing at her.
"My mom had a heart attack..." Her voice trembled with grief. "She's in critical condition..."
"Oh I'm so sorry to hear that." I said softly, giving her a tiny smile.
"Its okay." She said and returned the smile. "Why are you here?"
"My boyfriend died." I said softly.
"Oh." Her eyes darkened and she looked down again. "I'm so sorry."
"It's okay sweetie." I said and gave her another smile, which she returned. "What's your name?"
"I'm Ruby." She said and smiled again.
"That's a pretty name, Ruby. I'm Tyler." I said and smiled again.
"I don't mean to make you sad or anything, but can you tell me about your boyfriend?" Ruby asked, smiling at me.
"Of course." I said and smiles back. "His name was Josh. He was very, very kind and I love him very, very much."
"But he's dead isn't he?" She asked tilting her head. "How could you love a dead person?"
"Ruby, your love for someone can never, ever fade if you loved someone as I much as I loved Josh." I said softly, reaching for her hand. "I could never ever stop loving Josh, even if he is dead."
"Oh." Ruby whispered. "I'm sorry."
"Don't be sweetie." I said and smiled at her. "Josh loved to play the drums, he was a huge fan of music." Bringing up the topic of Josh for the second time hurt, but I continued anyways. "He always cared a lot about me. He always knew how to make me smile and make me feel better when things got rough."
"You're crying Tyler." Ruby said and reached up, wiping the tears from my eyes.
"Thank you Ruby." I sniffed and smiles weakly. "He was so, so nice. He cared so much about everyone, so much that it hurt him inside."
"Did...did he commit suicide?" Ruby asked, her eyes going even darker.
I closed my eyes and nodded. I could feel tears slipping down my cheeks.
"I'm sorry for asking." Ruby said softly.
"Don't be." I said and wiped the tears away. "It's okay. It's just a little hard."
Ruby nodded.
"Hello?"
A familiar yell echoed through the hospital, causing me to freeze.
"Where is my son?"
I recognized the voice. It was Josh's dad.
"Why the fuck did I get a call saying my son killed himself?"

----

Little cliffhanger for ya :)
So little heads up, I am no longer adding these a/n type things at the end :)
Hope y'all don't mind