Chapter 10- Not Again

***Annie's POV***

Kyle was acting different and so was Brad. Kyle would never let Sammi out of his sight, it broke my heart really. Brad glared but he was also on edge looking wildly around waiting for an attack.

    I sighed and got up from the table, throwing my trash away. I spun around and came face to face with Bailey.

“Why are you so sad?” She questioned as we walked outside.

  I shrugged kicking a rock on the ground, “I don't know, somethings different.”

   “Is it because of Kyle? I swear I'm going to Kill-”

   “Bailey. Really it's not him.” I turned to her cutting her off she raised an eyebrow at me, “okay, its not all about him.”

    “I hate see you like this, how about we go on a double date!” She squealed delighted with the idea while gripping my arm tightly.

  I scolded the ground and shook my head, “I can't, Kyle-”

  “Who cares about Kyle. Brad can come.”

   I looked up at her, “He has a mate.”

   “Oh,” she said frowning and I nodded. Her eyes light up and a smile spread across her face, “Jesse.”

    I shrugged, “Yeah we could go as friends.” I didn't want to give him the wrong idea, but I needed to get out of here and just hang out with my friends.

   She smirked, “friends.” I glared at her and she laughed.

  “Speaking of the devil,” I muttered as he strutted over to us.

    He smiled, “Devil? Really Annie, that's the best you got?” I laughed forgetting all about the Kyle, Brad drama, so this friends night couldn't be an all bad idea.

  “Yeah Annie, Jerk or dick would have worked just fine.” Bailey said.

  Jesse glared and Bailey glared back, she suddenly jumped on him making him fall onto his back. “Bailey!” he screamed, she laughed pushing on his chest harder. Even though she was smaller than mos, she was extremely strong.

   “Bailey!” A new voice screamed from the doors.

  “Oh hey Con.” She smiled, shoving Jesse before running into Connors arms. He looked relived but confused.

   “What were you doing?”  he asked hugging her.

“We were just playing Con, every things fine.” she told him burying her head in his chest he laughed.

  “Okay, okay I get it,” Jesse said annoyed, “You guys are in love, boo for the rest of us.”

“Hey now don’t hate,” I told him hitting his arm playfully, “mates are a beautiful thing. Don’t worry you’ll find yours.”

    Jesse stared at me, “You’re the last person I would think that mates are actually a good thing.”

  “Just because mine wasn’t a pleasant doesn’t mean that it’s not beautiful. Look at Baily and Connor for example,” I gestured to them as they walked back to the school holding hand and laughing, “they’re perfect for each other and wanted it to work, so it worked. You want it right?” I asked sudden;y worried for his mate.

    “I don’t think so..” He shook his head, my heart dropped.

   “Jesse, as a rejected mate it hurts like hell for your mate not to want you. Don’t do that to someone.” I pleaded.