Preference #1: He Has A Girlfriend

Michael: You and Mikey had been best friends since forever. You hadn’t really thought of him as anything but a best friend until you got older and he went through puberty and you began to notice him as more of a best friend. However, he had a girlfriend. The only reason you didn’t like her was because she was dating Michael. You honestly didn’t know her well enough otherwise and she seemed really nice. Today was another day of hanging out with Michael and his girlfriend. You were a bit annoyed but tried not to show it, failing miserably. She had left to go to the bathroom when Michael slid towards you. “What’s goin’ on?” You gave him a confused glance. “What do you mean?” He sighed. “What’s wrong? Do you not like her or something?” It was your turn to sigh. “Please just give her a chance, Y/N. I really think I could fall for this girl and it would mean the world if my best friend liked her.” Your chest got tight and you had to look away for a minute before you could answer. “Okay. I’ll try.” He smiled before moving back to his spot, just as she came out.

Ashton: You knew Ashton had a girlfriend but that hadn’t stopped you from kissing him. You hadn’t even actually planned on doing anything but you had gotten a little too drunk and so had he. The two of you had stumbled back to your place, giggling like idiots and the next thing you know, you’re kissing him. The kiss had cleared your mind just enough to realize you had made a mistake but before you got the chance to get out of the mess that was beginning to be created, Ashton pulled you back to his lips and that was it. Your mind had gone fuzzy and now alcohol wasn’t the only thing intoxicating you. You didn’t remember much after that but woke up to both a naked you and a naked Ashton on the couch. Your head pounded but you couldn’t focus as you had realized what had happened. You quickly woke Ash up and when he came to his senses, he looked at you shocked before grabbing his clothes, throwing them on, and leaving without another word. You were 99.9% sure that this had cost you not only your friend, but also the guy you were madly in love with.

Luke: You didn’t know him personally. He was just a kid who was in a few of your classes but you had a huge crush on him, but so did you best friend. You knew about her crush but she didn’t know about yours so when she sprung on you that she had asked Luke out, you couldn’t do anything but try to be happy for her. Soon they began dating, officially, and you began to suffocate more and more and every time you hung out it was almost perfect. They only imperfect thing about it was, it wasn’t you kissing Luke and making him laugh. It was your best friend and you had to watch it happen. The few times you had been alone with Luke, you said little to each other and that was mostly because you were too afraid, you’d say something stupid and ruin everything. A part of you almost felt like something was different when your friend was out of the room, like there was someone else longing for something just like you, but you brushed it off, thinking it was just you.

Calum: You had actually been with him before he got a girlfriend. And not in the girlfriend way, but you had been flirty and everyone always thought you’d end up actually dating. However out of nowhere he got a girlfriend. You hadn’t been the only one shocked seeing that nobody had even known he was talking with another girl. You couldn’t be mad, technically, because he was never truly yours but you couldn’t be around him. He caught you in a corner once though, waiting for you to answer him why you had been avoiding him. You didn’t say anything but attempted to push past him, not exactly succeeding. He stopped asking questions and just sighed before saying ‘I’m sorry’. You knew what he was apologizing for and you stopped right as you walked past him to whisper back a soft, ‘me too’ before walking off to just get some distance.