Chapter 11: Back from Winter Break

The next day, the winter break for the Abby Lee Dance Company had ended and it was back to the daily routine in the studio as Abby, Stanley, Allison, Kalani and Gianna were sitting at the front desk getting things ready for the next competition that upcoming weekend.

"Where are we going to heading to this upcoming weekend?" Kalani asked.

"Kalani, mom and i did some research and we're going to be headed to Miami, Florida to compete this weekend." Stanley responded to his sister.

"Really?" Kalani said with an excited look on her face.

"Yes, we are." Abby answered.

"I haven't been to Miami in a long time, maybe we could go to the beach if we get a chance." Allison commented.

"We can do that, what do you think, mom?" Stanley asked.

"Sounds good to me."

"And we might can see the art deco there, it looks wonderful at night with all of it's lights." Gianna suggested.

"I remember when we'd go to Miami, we'd head to the beach and get some sun, Mom would usually watch me to make sure i was being safe and made sure to put on some sunscreen." Stanley stated.

"One time we went to Miami on a vacation and you were 16 and Kalani was 6, we were at the beach and you had a sunburn when we were getting some sun and you were looking like an angry crab because you forgot your sunscreen!" Abby teased as everybody laughed at him.

"I remember that." Gianna laughed.

"Me too." Kalani added, chortling.

"Didn't know that." Allison chuckled and noticed that he looked embarrassed. "He's so handsome when he's embarrassed."

"Mom..." Stanley muttered with an embarrassed expression on his face over his mother telling the story about the time he had a sunburn. "Did you really have to remind me of that? It took weeks for my skin to be back to normal form that sunburn."

"Yes i do."

"Well, remember when you had a sunburn when we were in Orlando for a competition two years ago and you had aloe for two months?" Stanley remarked.

"Shut up, Stanley!" Abby laughed, playfully putting a hand in his face, her son was reminding her of the time they went to Orlando and Abby was asleep in the sun and she was looking like an real angry crab as everybody laughed.

"It was pretty funny." Kalani commented. "Chloe was laughing the most."

"I bet she was." Allison laughed as Abby rolled her eyes, then the girls and their moms arrived later as Abby, Stanley, Allison and Gianna were getting the pyramid set for the week in Studio A, then they finished by covering up the photos.

"Come on, girls! Let's go!" Abby shouted as Chloe, Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige and Kendall came into Studio A with Christi, Melissa, Holly, Kelly and Jill coming in and standing on the side.

"Ok, the winter break is over and we had a good christmas and new years, but now, we're back at dancing and hopefully, you still have your dancing focus." Stanley stated as the girls were listening.

Pyramid:

Top - Chloe

Middle - Maddie, Paige

Bottom - Brooke, Kendall, Nia, Mackenzie

"Ok, this weekend, we will be heading to Miami, Florida to attend Energy Dance." Abby stated.

The girls and moms all cheered once they heard that they would be heading to Miami, they knew that they were gonna have some fun when they got there as Allison smiled at Stanley and he smiled back at her.