Chapter 30: Arrival in L.A.

The day was July 12th and at Midway International Airport, Abby, Stanley and Kalani were sitting near gate, as Allison, Gianna, the girls and their moms were gonna arrive later on and the time was currently 12:55 PM and the three were sitting at Gate A1, waiting to board a Southwest Airlines flight to Los Angeles, which would leave at 1:05 PM. Kalani was wearing some jeans and a t-shirt, Stanley was wearing a Chicago Bulls t-shirt with black trackpants and Abby was in her usual ALDC black shirt and black trackpants.

"Mom, going to Los Angeles never ever gets old." Stanley said.

"I agree." Kalani agreed with her brother.

"You know it. I've been taking you to Los Angeles since you were a few months old Stanley and after i adopted Kalani, we've brought her along with us." Abby stated.

"Mom, do you think we might go to one of the malls while we're down in Los Angeles?" Kalani asked.

"We can, i'd like to go visit the Hollywood & Highland mall or even the Beverly Center." Abby answered.

"That sounds like a plan." Stanley said. "What time are Allison, Gianna, the moms and the girls supposed to arrive?"

"From what Christi was telling me, they'll arrive around 7:35 PM which means that their flight will leave from Chicago at 5:05 PM." Abby responded to her son. "And in case i forgot to tell you, we'll be rehearsing at the Millennium Dance Complex and the hotel we'll be staying in is the Loews Hollywood Hotel."

"That's next to the Hollywood & Highland mall and it's also 10 minutes away from the Millennium Dance Complex. Good call, mom." Stanley told Abby.

"I agree, that's a good call." Kalani stated.

"Your attention please, Southwest Airlines announces the boarding of Flight #753, which is a nonstop flight to Los Angeles, California at Gate A1, so passengers, please prepare for immediate boarding." A voice said over the intercom and the passengers all began to get their personal belongings.

"That's our flight." Stanley said.

"It is." Kalani added.

"Let's do it." Abby said as she and her two kids got up and were the first in line with their plane tickets in hand, they showed it to the woman who had just gotten up from the front desk and scanned their tickets as everyone who was going to Los Angeles was in line behind them and they couldn't wait to get there.

"You may proceed to board your plane." She said and then the Millers started to walk and they entered the gate and were in the jet bridge that lead to the plane. They arrived at the entrance of the plane and there were two flight attendants standing there and then they sat in the middle row with Kalani in the middle, Abby had a aisle seat and Stanley had a window seat and a few minutes later, the last passengers got on the plane and took their seats.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking and welcome aboard Southwest Airlines flight #753, nonstop to Los Angeles and the flight time is approximately four hours and twenty five minutes. Be sure to have your seatbelts fastened and turn off electronic devices untill we are at our cruising altitude at 30,000 feet, so just sit back, relax and enjoy the flight." The pilot said over the intercome and then the electronic devices were all turned off, the passengers fastened their seatbelts and with that one of the flight attendants closed the door of the plane, the jet bridge moved back and the plane began moving backwards from the gate and after it was turned, the pilot began to manuever the plane to the runway.

The plane then pulled up to the runway and slowly began to turn on to the runway that it was going to take off from, then the plane began to move and pick up speed and near the end of the runway, the plane lifed up from the ground and into the sky and a minute later, the plane was at 30,000 feet.