Chapter 13: Energy Dancin' in the Sunshine State

A/N: credit goes to arfmckmctrm for coming up with the routine names for the solos.

That saturday morning around 10:00 am, the bus that the ALDC was on arrived at a building called the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami Dade County, which was on Biscayne Boulevard and it was also near the AmericanAirlines Arena, home of the NBA's Miami Heat. The building is where Energy Dance Competition was going to be held at.

"All right, everyone off!" Abby ordered and everyone got off and headed to the luggage compartment of the bus to get their bags.

"Miss Abby?" Chloe stated.

"Yes?" Abby responded.

"Who's gonna dance first?"

"Well, your solo will be first, then Maddie will go after you, the trio with Brooke, Nia and Kendall follows and last but not least, the group dance will be next." Abby answered, then they all arrived in a dressing room with the words ALDC logo, then they walked in.

"Moms, get Chloe, Maddie, Brooke, Nia and Kendall ready because the solos are going to go first, then the trios will be next!" Stanley said as the moms began to do their hair and make up.

"Hopefully, Nia and Kendall can keep up with Brooke in the trio." Paige stated.

"I don't know, from the way Nia and Kendall dance in contemporary routines, Brooke has more energy and it's tough to try to keep up with her." Mackenzie said.

"We'll just have to find out when their routine is called." Paige replied

"Who knows?" Kalani wondered as they saw the five girls get handed their costumes and they went to change in the changing room.

Chloe was the first to exit the dressing room and she was wearing a two piece dark blue costume that had rhinestones.

Maddie left next and she was decked out in a beige leotard that had a band from her shoulder to her waist that was silky.

Brooke, Nia and Kendall all walked from the changing room and they were wearing an illusion stretch mesh sleeves with point gloves and swquin lace over stretch satin midi top that added a touch of modesty to the two piece costume, included was a tulle over satin skirt that had a matching stretch satin waistband with matte nylon/spandex trunks attached.

"Cool costumes, girls." Melissa complimented.

"What she said." Kalani stated.

"Coming up in our elite junior soloist division we have Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Always Midnight!" Chloe heard her routine be called and the audience applauded, then she headed on to the stage and stood still for a few seconds, then the music started and Chloe began her dance. From the start, she was on point, also, she was on beat and she was using her facial expressions through her dance, then she finished her routine and she got applause from the crowd as she left the stage.

"Next we have Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Where I Stood!" Maddie stepped on the stage as the crowd applauded, then after standing still for a few seconds, her music began to play and she was dancing to the music, she was doing great with her solo and she posed at the end of the routine, then she left the stage.

"Melissa, i'm not gonna lie to you, this could be close between Maddie and Chloe." Christi whispered to Melissa.

"I agree, Christi." Melissa agreed.

"Up next in our elite duet/trio division we have Brooke, Nia and Kendall from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Funny Thing!" The three girls headed out on to the stage to applause and at the beginning of the music, Brooke was doing her parts well, but Kendall and Nia were lacking energy and didn't a lot of technique, but they somehow completed the dance, then they left the stage when they were done.

"That was sloppy" Kalani observed.

"I know, right?" Abby responded to her daughter as they all went to the dressing room and started to get the girls ready for the group routine.

Chloe, Maddie, Mackenzie, Brooke, Paige, Nia and Kendall were all dressed up in a subly sophisticated sequin stretch velvet halter leotard that had stretch mesh insets that wrapped around to the back and a flowing Charmeuse back skirt.

"Those are amazing costumes, girls." Gianna said.

"Thanks for the comment, Miss Gia." Kendall responded.

"Next in our elite junior small group division we have the Abby Lee Dance Company with Waves Know Shores!" The girls walked on the stage and took their spots waiting to dance and they were in sync from the start of the routine and were feeding off of each other's energy, then they did a flourish pose to end the routine and then, awards were beginning with the elite mini soloist division first, after those were done, the elite junior soloist division awards were next and places 10-3 were announced.

"In second place is Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Where I Stood!" The announcer exclaimed with applause as Maddie got up and got her award.

"And in first place we have Chloe from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Always Midnight!" Chloe got up and received her award from the announcer and stood next to Maddie.

"You did great, Maddie." Chloe said, giving her a one arm hug.

"You did too, Chloe." Maddie responded, then next was the duet/trio awards, places 10-5 were announced.

"In fourth place is Brooke, Nia and Kendall with Funny Thing!" Brooke got up to get the award with Kendall and Nia and getting first was a routine from a local dance studio in Miami.

"I've got this feeling that Abby and Stanley are gonna kill them." Holly told Jill and Kelly.

"Me too." Kelly admitted.

"Ditto." Jill agreed and then the group dance awards were next, then after places 10-2 were announced, the first place winner was gonna be announced next.

"In first place we have Waves Know Shores by the Abby Lee Dance Company!" The girls all got up and received their award and headed back to the dressing room and got hugs from their mothers, then a minute later, Abby, Stanley, Kalani, Allison and Gianna all walked in.

"What did you all think?" Stanley asked the moms and girls. "Chloe, you were amazing with your solo and Maddie, you did good, but you got second. Brooke, you were great in the trio, but Kendall, Nia....YOU TWO WERE DISASTERS IN THE TRIO, MY MOM AND I WERE NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT WHATSOEVER! DIDN'T WE WORK ON THE TECHNIQUE?! YOU TWO HAD NO ENERGY AT ALL!"

"Stanley, why don't you and Abby leave Kendall and Nia alone!" Jill said.

"SHUT UP, JILL!" Abby shouted.

"You should have worked with Kendall and Nia more to help them with their technique." Holly said calmly.

"My mom has a success rate she has because she knows how to produce dancers for Broadway and she does a awesome job when she does it, Mom's been doing that for 32 years!" Stanley told Jill and Holly. "Even i have made mistakes when i was dancing for mom when i was growing up, but at least i owned up to them!"

"Stanley's so hot when he's tough." Allison thought.

"You moms need to get this through your heads, this is not a dancing camp and when it comes to training your child in dance, there is a whole lot that goes into that!" Abby added.

"Well, if you keep crushing a kid down at the smallest of flaws, they won't be good!" Holly exclaimed.

"If Kendall and Nia like dancing, they would have remembered to have energy and technique in that trio!" Stanley yelled, raising his eyebrow like The Rock. "Remember this, own up to your mistakes!"

"What my son said!" Abby screamed, then she, Stanley, Allison, Gianna and Kalani all left the dressing room and headed to the bus, then they were joined by the moms and girls. The bus took them to the airport where they would board a flight back home to Chicago.