Chapter 20: Second Half Begins, Bringing in the Ringers

Two months had passed and May 7th was the day and in the Abby Lee Dance Company's parking lot, Stanley was arriving at the studio and parked in his parking spot, he was decked out in a Gray T-Shirt, Nike sneakers and Gray Trackpants. He had his cell phone and keys and he entered the studio and saw Abby sitting at the front desk with Kalani, Gianna and Allison. During the break, Stanley recorded an album on a label called WhattaGuy Music and it was a collection of cover versions of some of his favorite songs and rap songs and the original artists, like Tears For Fears, Phil Collins and gave him their ok and on some of the songs, the girls were on background vocals. The name of the album was called "The Favorites of Stanley Miller."

The album's tracklist looked like this:

1. Everybody Wants to Rule The World (Originally recorded by Tears For Fears)
2. Strangers Like Me (Originally recorded by Phil Collins)
3. I Go To Work (Originally recorded by Kool Moe Dee)
4. Young Turks (Originally recorded by Rod Stewart)
5. Backstrokin' (Originally recorded by The Fatback Band)
6. Dancin' Like a Robot (Originally recorded by Mr. Robot)
7. I'm Bad (Originally recorded by LL Cool J)
8. Reelin' In The Years (Originally recorded by Steely Dan)
9. The Creator (Originally recorded by Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth)
10. Poison (Originally recorded by Bell Biv DeVoe)
11. Beautiful Day (Originally recorded by U2)
12. 2 Legit 2 Quit (Originally recorded by MC Hammer)
13. Rockin Over The Beat (ft. Brooke Hyland, Originally recorded by Technotronic ft. Ya Kid K)

Stanley was whistling as he was walking to the door, then he opened it and walked into the studio to be ready for the second half of the season.

"Hello, Mom. Hello, Kalani. Hello, Allison." Stanley greeted his mother, sister and girlfriend.

"Hello, Stan." Allison said to her boyfriend and she smooched him quickly, then he got a hug from Abby and Kalani.

"How's it going?" Abby asked.

"It's going good, i'm just ready for the second half of the season and it's the halfway point of the season because in July, we head out to Nationals in Los Angeles." Stanley stated.

"That's right, big bro." Kalani told him as she saw him standing at the front desk. "So where are we going to be headed to for the first competition of the season?"

"Well, Abby found out that we're going to be headed to Columbus, Ohio this weekend, we've got three solos and a group dance. And also i found out that Cathy's leeches are going to be there as well." Allison answered.

"Oh, boy. It's bad enough that we lost to them in New York, but thanks for informing me." Stanley commented.

"No problem." Allison told him.

"Allison, i've got a question, how would you like to go on a road trip with me, Stanley and Kalani?" Abby asked. "We'll go on our road trip on July 28th, which is a week after Nationals."

"Abby, you can count me in. I'll definitely go and i'll ask my mom if she wants to go if that's fine with you." Allison said.

"That's fine with us." Kalani stated, then she turned to Abby. "When will we tell the other girls and their moms?"

"We'll tell them at Nationals or the week before Nationals." Abby answered her daughter, then minutes later, Kalani went to one of the classes as the moms and the girls arrived at the studio.

"HURRY UP, GIRLS! NO TIME TO WASTE!" Abby called as Chloe, Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige and Kendall all walked in with their moms right behind them.

"We had a two month break, which originally a five week break was supposed to end on April 9th, but because of scheduling issues, it was pushed back to this date May 7th and hopefully you learned a lot from the first half, we kicked some tail a lot, but unfortunately, we ended the first half of the season with a loss in Brooklyn to, dare i say it, Cathy and her rotten apples." Stanley told them.

The girls and their moms all groaned at having to hear that.

"But now, this is the second half of the season and we can start with a win like we did when the first half began, so we have no time to waste, so let's get started with the pyramid." Abby said.

Pyramid:

Top - Chloe

Middle - Mackenzie, Nia

Bottom - Maddie, Kendall, Brooke, Paige

"Ok, for this week, we are heading to Columbus, Ohio to compete at Thunderstruck." Stanley informed them.

"Oh, no." The girls and moms all sighed, now they knew that they were gonna deal with Cathy.

"And the chances of the Candy Appels being there are extremely high, so you better be ready to beat them because we do not want to lose to her two times in a row and maybe with a win, that'll chop their apple tree down." Allison stated.

"Your group routine is a contemporary routine named Evergreen and everyone will be in the group dance and since we also got word that Cathy uses ringers, we're gonna spice it up a little bit by bringing in some ringers of our own." Abby added. "Also Chloe will be doing a solo named All I Ask, and Nia will be doing a solo called Someone Like You and there will be a trio of Paige, Kendall and Brooke."

"What my mom said. since Cathy uses older kids, let's fight fire with fire by bringing in some older girls for this group dance." Stanley said. "Moms, head out and girls, start stretching."

The girls all started streching as the moms all headed upstairs to the viewing room and sat in their usual spots.

"Did you all hear about Stanley's album called The Favorites of Stanley Miller?" Christi asked the moms. "It's a cover of some of his favorite tunes."

"Yeah, but we don't know when it's gonna be released." Melissa answered.

"When it does come out, we might hear our girls singing background on one of the songs." Kelly stated.

"And you never know, he might sing one of them at the annual recital next month." Jill said.

"We hope so and can you believe that Abby is actually going to use older girls in the group dance?" Melissa commented.

"That's somewhat hypocritical because Abby and Stanley complains about Cathy using older girls in her group routines and now they're going to do the same thing? i can't comprehend that." Holly said.

"Well, like Abby had said earlier, she's going to level the playing field because Cathy has beaten us once and that is once in a blue moon and this might work." Christi told them.

"I hope so." Kelly stated.

Back downstairs, the girls were all gathered around Abby as she was speaking and Stanley and Allison were looking on and there were three older girls, all who have brown hair in there too after Abby had just brought them in.

"Girls, we know you know them well, but let us introduce Auriel Welty, Nina Linhart and Olivia Ice, they will be a part of the group dance we have for this week." Abby introduced as the girls cheered.

"Miss Abby, thanks for allowing us to be a part of the group dance this week." Auriel stated.

"Cathy won't know what hit her." Olivia added.

"You know it." Nina added, then they began rehearsing through that entire week.