Chapter 26: Getting ready for the Annual Concert

"Girls, let's go! Get in here!" Stanley shouted as Chloe, Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia Brooke, Kalani and Kendall walked in and behind them like always, were Christi, Melissa, Holly, Kelly, Jill and Paige, who was still out with her stress fracture.

"We nearly had a clean sweep at Xpressions this past weekend in Kansas City, Missouri. But one dance got second and that's what prevented us from getting that clean sweep. The trio by Chloe, Kendall and Nia."

"Abby, Stanley, Kendall did the best she could!" Jill exclaimed.

"But the trio got second and you know how we feel about second!" Abby retorted.

"But--"

"Jill, when we want your opinion, we'll ask for it!" Stanley said. "Look, we do not want any altercation at this time, the last mom that got into an altercation with us was last year because her daughter wasn't dressed appropriately and we threw both of them out! Mom, you have the floor."

"Thanks, now it's Pyramid time."

Pyramid:

Top - Kalani

Middle - Maddie, Chloe

Bottom - Nia, Kendall, Mackenzie, Paige

"This is a huge week for us all, because this weekend, we will be doing the annual Abby Lee Dance Company concert and although it is not a competition, it's important as a competition is and every dancer in this will be showcased because you'll get to perform all of your routines that you did in the past season and this gives us a great chance to market our studio to the public and hopefully, this studio will have new students from this." Abby told them. "Allison, why don't you tell them the group dance that they'll perform at the recital."

"Girls, you'll be doing a hip hop group routine for the recital and it's called Kick Push." Allison stated. "Paige, we know that you're still hurt and won't be able to dance for four weeks and this is the second week, so you won't be able to dance in the recital to be on the safe side, but you can watch from the wings of the stage. Are you ok with that?"

"Yes." Paige answered.

"Good, Kelly, since you're an original member of the ALDC not only will some of your classmates come, but you're not the only one who has their old classmates coming to the recital, but some of Stanley's old friends that danced with him, Gianna and myself when we were younger are coming too." Allison added.

"I haven't heard from some of them for a long time." Kelly stated.

"Oh, girls. In case i forgot to let you know, Stanley will also be performing a cover of Technotronic's Rockin' Over The Beat, he recorded it for his album called "The Favorites of Stanley Miller" that comes out tomorrow and that song that he's going to sing features Brooke. Brooke, are you up to singing with the young man that you consider as your older brother like Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Paige and Kendall do?" Abby said as everyone applauded over Stanley's new album.

"Yay, Stanley!" Nia cheered.

"We'll be at the music store the first chance we get!" Kendall stated.

"Sure, i'll do it." Brooke agreed.

"Ok, girls, get ready and moms, you head out." Stanley instructed as the girls all stretched and Paige went with the moms to the viewing room.

"This is exciting, we're gonna get to see Stanley perform one of his songs, which is a cover of Technotronic's Rockin' Over The Beat from his new album at the recital." Nia said.

"And Brooke's gonna sing with him. We're really glad that he let us sing the background vocals on the song." Maddie added.

"How do you think you'll do, Brooke?" Kendall asked.

"Hopefully, good." Brooke answered.

"Remember last year when Stanley sang Beat It by Michael Jackson?" Kalani asked them, remembering the recital last year when Stanley sung Beat It.

"I remember that very well." Mackenzie answered.

"He wore the famous red jacket that Michael Jackson wore in the video and he had Payton, Taylor, Nick and Brandon do the Beat it Dance near the end." Maddie stated.

"Do you think you-know-who will show up?" Brooke asked, referring about Cathy.

"Who knows?" Kalani answered, then they started rehearsing through that week and when they were at the auditorium, Stanley rehearsed his performance with Brooke and by Friday, they had their performances nailed down.

***

A/N: Sorry if this is short, i try to make my chapters have at least between 1000-3000 words.