Chapter 19: An Unusual Warm Day

The day was March 14th,and three days prior, Daylight Saving Time began and that meant that it still be daylight after 5:00 pm, because when it ended, it would turn into night at that time and also, today was somewhat unsual because it was currently 81 degrees in the windy city and it's suburbs.

In Downtown Chicago on Michigan & Chicago Avenue, the time was 1:00 PM and people were just walking through the city and at a tall building named the John Hancock Center, Stanley was seen heading downstairs to the entrance of the building and with him was Abby, Kalani, Chloe and Paige. The two girls came with Abby, Stanley and Kalani at the suggestion of Christi and Kelly.

"It's a wonderful day!" Paige exclaimed.

"You bet, Paige." Abby responded. "This was Stanley's idea."

"And we're glad he suggested it." Kalani stated. "Stanley, do you think the Bulls can win the NBA championship?"

"I hope so, last year we were close, but LeBron, Wade and the Miami Heat knocked Derrick Rose and the Bulls in five, but what made us feel better was when the Heat lost to the Dallas Mavericks in the finals in six games. If Derrick and everyone else stays healthy, maybe they can beat the Heat in the playoffs and maybe win the title." Stanley answered his sister.

"That would be a great day." Chloe told him as they entered the building. "If the Blackhawks can win their Stanley Cup title, maybe the Bulls can win the NBA title."

"Hopefully, it happens this year." Stanley commented.

"Question, how fast do this elevator go?" Paige asked.

"Paigey, the elevator that's going to take us to the observatory on the 94th floor has a top speed of 1,800 feet per minute, which means this will go 20 miles per hour." Abby answered as they got tickets to go up to the 94th floor, then they stood in line to get on the elevator, then a minute later, they got on the elevator and the doors closed and it took them seconds to get to the 94th floor.

"I can see everything from up here!" Chloe told them.

"You sure can, Chloe." Kalani stated, then she looked over at Abby. "Mom, remember when we were at the signature on the 95th floor and we were celebrating Stanley's 18th birthday?"

"I sure do." Abby told her daughter.

"Chloe, Paige, have you ever been to the Sears Tower?" Stanley asked the twinnies.

"A few times." Paigey answered.

"I've taken Stanley there ever since he was little and like here, you can see the United Center, which is home to the Bulls and the Blackhawks." Abby stated.

"I can see it too." Kalani stated. "We've been to a lot of their games and when it comes to a Bulls game, his favorite part is when the lights go out to introduce the Bulls."

"It sure is and the name of the song that plays when the Bulls are introrduced is Sirius by the Alan Parsons Project." Stanley stated.

"Isn't that how Sirius Black from Harry Potter got his name?" Paige wondered.

"Maybe or Maybe not." Stanley said, then after taking a few pictures, the five all headed to the elevator and it took them back down to ground level, then he looked at Abby. "Mom, just to let you know, earlier this morning, the dancing committe called me and they're going to push the date of the start of the second half of the season back from April 9th to May 7th because there were some scheduling issues, but Nationals will still be on July 18th."

"Oh, thanks for informing me about that." Abby told him. "Where to next?"

"How about Navy Pier?" Chloe suggested.