Chapter 29: Solomania running wild

The ALDC's bus was seen in Cedar Rapids pulling up to a theater named the Theatre Cedar Rapids where Hollywood Vibe was held at and the bus stopped at the exit, Jim opened the door as Abby, Stanley, Allison, Gianna, the moms and the girls all got up from their seats and got off the bus and got their bags.

"I'll head to the door to let you in first." Stanley said as he walked to the entrance and opened the door and let Gianna, the girls, his mom and his girlfriend enter first.

"You're such a gentleman." Allison said, kissing him on his cheek.

"Thanks for the comment." Stanley replied as he entered last and followed them inside of the theater and Abby got the girls checked in for the competition, then they all arrived at a dressing room that said "Abby Lee Dance Company" and they entered.

"Girls, get ready!" Abby ordered.

"What Abby said." Gianna said as the girls except for Chloe started to get ready for the competition, starting with their hair and then their makeup. When they were done. "Here are your costumes."

Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige and Kendall all were given their solo costumes and they were in different changing rooms and the girls all changed in to their costumes.

Mackenzie was the first to leave the dressing room and she was wearing a fun confetti tulle tiered bustle that added drama to the neon paillette shift dress with nylon/spandex trunks attached.

Maddie was dressed up in a sequin spandex jacket with a faux-leather collar and trip and an front zipper that was asymmetrical, she was also wearing a tanktop that was white and ribbed-cotton and also, she was wearing matte nylon/spandex leggings with a sequin fedora, single sequin glove and sequin ankle cuffs

Brooke was decked out in a long, hologram sequin fringe that added sprakle to the halterneck leotard. An oil slick hologram sequin inset highlighted the faux sweetheart neckline on the shimmering metallic bodice and attached were sequin matte nylon/spandex shorts.

Paige was in a stretch metallic biker jacket with separate but included striped poly/spandex biketard that accented with a black ultra, sparkling sequin waist band with confetti glitter tulle tutu that was trimmed in crinoline.

Nia was wearing a Matte jersey capri unitard and attached sheer skirt with matte jersey trim with a hook neck closure.

And last but not least, Kendall was the last one to leave the changing room and she was wearing a Matte jersey biketard with adjustable straps with a stretch lace top.

"How do we look?" Maddie asked.

"You look good." Melissa responded, then the girls headed to the wings of the stage while Abby, Stanley, Allison, Gianna, Kalani and The Moms all headed to their seats, which were in the fourth row.

"Coming up in our elite mini soloist division we have Mackenzie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Glamourous!" Mackenzie came out on to the stage to cheers, she stood on stage and was waiting for her music to start, when it started, Mackenzie began dancing and was doing great with her solo and then at the end, she posed at the end of the music and she left the stage.

"Next up we have Maddie from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Beat It!" Maddie came on stage to applause, then the song by Michael Jackson began playing and Maddie started her solo and was on beat from the minute the first gong in the song was heard and she was doing the exact moves that Stanley, Abby, Allison and Gianna taught her, she kept it that way until the song ended. Then she headed to the wings of the stage

"Coming to the stage next is Brooke from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Swing Set!" There was applause and as the oldest member of the ALDC came out and she was decent at first, but she had problems and despite those problems, she managed to complete her dance, then the music ended and she walked from the stage to the wings of the stage.

"Next is Paige from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Jailhouse Rock!" Paige came on to the stage and she stood, then started dancing when the music started and she was decent in her solo, but had a few flaws and she eventually finished her solo and headed off stage.

"Coming up next we have Nia from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Let Me Fall!" Nia heard the applause from hearing the name of her solo being called and she was on stage, then she started dancing to the music and even though she had some slight flaws in her solo, she did it very good and left the stage at the end of her routine.

"Up next is Kendall from the Abby Lee Dance Company with Hold On!" Kendall headed out to the stage and she was standing in her spot on the stage, the music began to play and with that, Kendall was dancing to her solo and she stumbled slightly, but shook it off and kept on dancing until the music ended and she left the stage.

Results of the solos, starting with the elite mini soloist division:

1st Place - Mackenzie with Glamourous

Results of the elite junior soloist division:

1st Place - Maddie with Beat It

2nd Place - Nia with Let Me Fall

3rd Place - Paige with Jailhouse Rock

4th Place - Kendall with Hold On

5th Place - Brooke with Swing Set

Melissa and Holly both cheered, now they knew that their daughters had locked up the last three solos for Nationals and Chloe was happy, but she knew that she was going to have competition, but it made her want to work harder if she wanted to win her second straight National Title.

"The solos are set in stone, mom. For the elite junior soloist division it'll be Chloe vs Maddie vs Nia and for the elite mini soloist division, Mackenzie will dance in that division." Stanley stated, then he and his mother went to check out the scores to see if everything is good as the moms, Allison, Gianna, Chloe and Kalani all walked into the dressing room.

"All of the girls were amazing." Holly stated.

"You bet." Kelly agreed.

"Between Chloe, Maddie and Nia in the elite junior soloist division, who do you think has the advantage?" Christi asked the moms.

"I'm not gonna say, but what i do know is, it's gonna be a fight to the finish." Melissa answered.

"It might be." Jill agreed. "But it's going to be obvious that Cathy's team of leeches are going to be there to try to beat us for our national title."

"You know she's going to be there, she couldn't beat us last year and i wouldn't be surprised if she lost to us again." Christi said.

"I won't be surprised if that happened again." Kalani added.

"Me either." Melissa stated, then the doors opened and Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Paige and Kendall all walked in and got hugs from their mothers and Chloe hugged them as well, which signals a strong friendship that they have had since coming into the ALDC and meeting each other when they were younger and even though Kendall had only been a part of the ALDC since october, she felt the strong friendship as well, then moments later, the door opened again and this time, Abby and Stanley both came in.

"Maddie, Nia, Mackenzie, congratulations. You three have earned the three solos for Nationals!" Stanley exclaimed.

"Everyone, just to let you know, that was your test for Nationals." Abby informed the girls. "Also, the first day of rehearsals will be on Saturday, July 13th and we'll be rehearsing on the 14th. You'll have monday off, but tuesday, it's back to rehearsals and wednesday is the Main Event known as Nationals."

After Abby was done speaking, the girls got their things and left the dressing room with the moms, Abby, Stanley, Allison and Gianna and got on the bus back home to Naperville and on Friday, July 12th, they would be heading to Los Angeles.