Chapter 25: The Maddie/Kalani Showdown

That saturday, the bus that had Abby, Stanley, Allison, Gianna, the moms and the girls was on the I-70 and was nearing Kansas City and they were currently passing the Harry S. Truman sports complex that had Kauffman Stadium and the Arrowhead Stadium.

"That's an awesome stadium." Mackenzie stated.

"It is, Kenzie." Chloe added. "Whenever we'd come to Kansas City to compete, we always pass through here."

"From what Miss Abby told me, she used to take Stanley and Allison to Royals or Chiefs game whenever they got a chance." Maddie said. "Do you think we could go to one of their games one day?"

"We might and also, i've been to a Royals game when i was three, Stanley and Mom took me." Kalani responded.

"I bet you enjoyed yourselves." Brooke told her.

"We certainly did."

"I bet you've been to many, if not all of the ballparks across the country." Nia stated.

"We have." Kalani answered as Stanley was sitting next to Abby.

"Ma?" Stanley began.

"Yes, Stan?" Abby responded.

"What is the order going to be at the competition in case i forgot to ask?"

"Well, Kalani's solo will go first, next after her solo will be Maddie's solo, then the trio will come next and last but not least, the group routine."

"Oh, ok. And next week is the recital." Stanley stated.

"Yes it is, it will be on the 23rd and i was wondering, maybe you could sing one of the songs you covered on your album. What do you think of that idea?" Abby suggested to her son.

"Sounds good, maybe i'll sing Rockin' over the beat by Technotronic ft. Ya Kid K."

"That sounds like a good idea and that song features Brooke and she can sing it with you." Abby agreed.

Minutes later, they all arrived at the Kauffman Center for the performing arts where Xpressions was being held at and got off the bus when it came to a stop at the entrance and the ALDC got off of the bus and got their bags and walked in and Stanley got the ALDC checked in for Abby, then they arrived at a dressing room that said "ALDC" and they walked into the dressing room.

"The solos and trios will be going first!" Abby informed, so Melissa, Jill, Holly, Christi and Stanley helped Maddie, Kendall, Nia, Chloe and Kalani get ready with hair and makeup, then the five girls were handed their costumes.s

Kalani was dressed up in a black spandex unitard with extended bike shorts leg line, a separate graphic print spandex jacket that had a fully functioning zipper and spandex him, piping and sleeve cuffs and it features elastic loops with red socks and black boots.

Maddie was in a spandex leotard that had attached, adjustable straps and one-shouldered neckline that was trimmed in sequin with extended bike-shorts leg line that had an ambroidered mesh overlay, there was an Asymmetrical skirt that had a layer of mesh and features an removable ribbon waistband.

Chloe, Kendall and Nia were all wearing matching stretch velvet unitard with matching neckline and straps that have fully lined stretch sequin spandex bodice, Eleastic sturrup straps are attached at the pant hem and they were wearing a mask.

"You girls look fantastic, like usual." Melissa commented, the stagehand opened the door and informed them that the solos and trio were coming up soon as Maddie, Kalani, Chloe, Kendall and Nia all headed to the wings of the stage as Abby, Stanley, Allison, Gianna, Paige, Mackenzie and the moms all were sitting up front.