Chapter 27

Josh's POV

I park my car on Mr.Abel's drive way, that's Lydia's dad. I take a deep breath and get out of my car. I walk up to the door. I lift my hand to knock but I still have my doubt. I think I should call the police or something? The phone call did seem kinda fishy. Nah, I'm fine. These are good people here. It's probably something else.

I knock the door. I hear some stumbling going on inside but its still not enough to convince me. The door finally opens. "Josh, what are you doing here?" Mr.Abel says with a confused look.

"Umm Lydia told me to come here. Something about Andre?" I say. I scratch the back of my neck. He pops out his bottom lip and raises his eyebrow. "Come again?" He says. He opens the door wider and crosses his arms. "Ya...umm...Lydia gave me a call. Something about Andre and your home." I explain.

He takes a deep breath. But for some reason it was kinda shaky. "Oh yes! She will come by in about five minutes." He says. Realif comes to me but a second conscience still occurs.

"Come in. Come in." He repeats. I come inside. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." I say. "No its alright. Your a friend." He says even thought we only spoke like five times, counting this one the fifth. "May I use your restrooms?" I ask. "Yes of course. It's down the hall." He says pointing at the direction. I nod, "thank you."

There's two doors facing eachother This is where the hall stops and its the only doors here. "Which door is it!" I call over to him. "The one to the right!" He calls back.

Right when I'm about to enter I hear a woman's voice yell my name. "Josh! Josh! Help me!" It sounds like Lydias voice. It sounds like its coming from the door behind me. I turn around and press my ear against it. "Josh is that you!" I hear her yell. It is Lydia. I try to open the door but its locked. Then smacking comes from the other side of the door. "Lydia?"

"Josh get out! Get help! It's my dad he was the one who tried to kill Andre!" She screams. "What?"

"Josh." I hear a male voice. I turn and I see Mr.Herbert with a vase in his hands. "What the-" I scream but he hits the vase in my forehead before I can finish what I was going to say. Pain takes a hold. Last thing I see is black.

***

"Josh. Josh. Please wake up." I hear whispers. My eye lids opens a bit so I'm able to get a small glimps of what is happening. All I see is Lydia. She is shaking me. I can fell it. My eyes close again but I force them to open again.

"Josh." I hear her. I finally regain conscious and slowly lift myself up. I raise my hand to my forehead and I groan. I tap my fingers on my forehead and when I bring down ny hand I see that its blood.

I try to get myself up bit I feel so stiff. "He pushed you down the stairs when you were out." Lydia says. That explains why my back feels like hell. I take a look of my surroundings. I can't see anything. It's pitch black in here except for the window letting a shine of light inside. But the light is small because its already night.

I get up and head to the door holding my back but I still go as fast as I can. "There's no use!" Lydia says. "We have to try." I tell her. 

The door is locked. I bang my shoulder against it but it doesn't work. Wait! The window. I run down the stairs and lift up my toes to see what's out. "Have you tried to get out from the window?" I ask Lydia. She nods her head and says, "I tried but it was to high I couldn't reach."

"Did you try to find anything here to stack up?" I ask her. I look around to see if there's anything to stack up so I can climb. I don't see anything. "There's nothing here that's was stable enough for me to stand on." She says. I curse under my breath. "Here," I say quick and kneel on one knee, "ill give you a boost."