Chapter 31

Josh's POV

7 hours ago...

"Hello," I say answering a call from Lydia. "Josh. Josh." I hear her stutter. She's crying. Why? "Lydia, is everything okay?" I ask getting worried. What if it's about Andre? What if he died? "Lydia what is it? Is it Andre?" She doesn't answer. "Lydia!" I say. I don't mean to yell but she's taking to long to speak. She is scaring the heck out of me. 

"It's-It's..." she can't stop crying. "Its what Lyida!" I yell. 

"Andre- he's-he's awake." She stutters. "What? Are you serious?" I ask. "Yes, yes I am. Come as fast as you can here." She says. I hang up and I grab all my stuff and I put it in my lugagde. I get a direct flight to see Andre. 

***

I run to the room Andre is in. I reach it and before I walk in I stop. I sigh and walk slowly inside. There he is. Awake. The bed is reclined up so he's sitting up. He looks at me and speak words I thought I would never hear again. "Hey Josh." 

Tears fill my eyes causing them to get watery. "Hi," I choke. His parents stands next to him and Lydia stands on the other side. "I'll give you some time," his mom says and they walk out. Lydia stays. 

"I'll be fine." Andre says to her. "Ok." She whispers and she gives him a kiss before walking out. I close the door but not completly. I walk slowly to him. 

I can't help it. I gasp and the tears finally release themselves. I dig my nail in my palm causing pain so I can prevent myself from crying but I can't help myself. I go to Andre and hug him. "Dude it's alright." He says. I pull away and wipe away the tears. "Sorry it's just been so long." I say. 

"What? I was only out for like what, a few days." He says. He doesn't know. I shake my head. "You were gone for almost a month." I explain.His smile fades and a crease forms in his forehead. 

"Where's Jen?" He asks. I stuff my hands in my pockets and bite the side of my cheek. There's a long pause. I can't stand here and stay silent for so long. "We...we broke up." I say with a pain running threw me. I never thought it would feel this way; to say it outloud. He sits up. "What? Why?" He asks confused. 

I explain everything to him. I have to admit I did choke up a bit while explaining everything to him. He just stayed silent. Listening and nodding at the same time with a frown. I finish and there's a long pause. 

"I"m sorry." Is all he says. I nod. "Its ok." I stutter. "So she is actually dating Nicholas right now?" He asks. "Yup," I assure. 

"Why? You to were so in love?" He asks. I shrug, "I don't know? I guess I just wasn't good enough." I say looking at the ground. "No Josh, don't say that. Something was wrong." He says. 

"No, nothing was wrong. The only thing wrong is that she doesn't love me." I explain.

"Josh she does love you." He says. I konw he's just saying that to not hurt my feelings. "No she doesn't. She told me straight in my face these exact words 'I am with Nicholas and I should have this whole time.' " I can't forget those words. Those words are the first thing I remember every morning I wake up, every night I go to sleep, every second I breath. 

"But atleast she's happy. That gives me a sense of relife inside." I say. It's true. Even though she is with Nicholas she deserves to be happy. Even if it's not with me. 

"With Nicholas? She might be happy but I know that inside she's dying just like you." He says. I try to speak to his suggestion but I can't.

 "I'm so sorry," he says finally. "Don't sweat it." I say. 

"So speaking about tragedy are you and Lydia back together?" I ask. "Lydia and I are not a tragedy." He says defensive. I'm able to pull out a smile. "I'm joking. But in my defence her dad did try to kill you." I say. 

"Still not enough to ruin our love. This is what I call true love." He says. My smile fades away and I remember Jen. I look down. We have that...correction....we did have that. "I"m sorry." He says. I shake my head, "it's ok." He gives me a pity smile. I accept it and smilling back. Andre understands me. 

We walk away from the conversation. "So when will you be able to get out of here?" I ask. 

"Tomorrow. They said they are going to do final tests to make sure I'm alright. Ugh, the sooner I get out of here the better." He complains. I laugh. "Can't wait." I say. "Yea," he agrees. 

"Just one last question?" He asks. "Yea?" I say. "Where is Lydia's dad. Is he in jail or something?" He asks. "Lydia didn't want to talk about it." 

"He's dead. He burned to death right in front of Lydia's eyes." I say. "Oh I guess thats why she didn't want to talk about it." He says figuring it out. "Yea. She's still healing. I think the best thing to do is help her forget about it." I say. 

"Yea," he agrees. 

***

I stay for the rest of the day. I stand infront of the vending machine to grab a snack. I want to call Jen to tell her that Andre is alright. I have my doubts but might aswell try. I give her a call. No answer. I leave a message. "Hey Jennifer. I just wanted to tell you that Andre woke up. He's awake and he can't wait to see you. And I just," I take a second to find the words, "I just wanted to say sorry for what happpend last time. I hope we can still be friends atleast." I hang up the phone. 

I don't care what she said last time. She can do what ever to me that will hurt me. But nothing, nothing will change this love I feel for her. Even if Nicholas is in the picture. I don't care. I'm still here and I'm still fighting. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys so much. 12k reads Oh my God guys thank you so much! I'm so gald you enjoy my story. I will try to make it the best I can. I never expected so much. Sorry for the wait by the way. 

I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment and vote. Tell me what you think. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~