S I X

Carves into my hollow chest, spreads over the emptiness...

♡♡♡

M A R C I E

It was the following day.

As always, I opened my eyes and sat up and looked at the four white walls that surround me. I wait for at least an hour to check if the voices are awake yet and, luckily, they were silent. For now...

I look at the door and wait for my breakfast to come through. It's not as if I eat it, I just like having other humans walk in; reassures me that I'm not alone.

My thoughts travel to the boy that came in with Doctor Andrews yesterday. He had curly brown hair and the greenest of eyes, I don't think I've ever seen eyes that green before. He was tall compared to other boys, he was even taller than Doctor Andrews, and he was slim, he also looked around the same age as me, maybe older.

He was pretty.

I close my eyes and try to imagine his soothing voice that silenced my demons and made my pain go away.

It wasn't the fact that he was asking me questions that made everything go quiet, it was his raspy, soothing voice that stopped it all.

I don't even know why I answered his questions. I don't talk to anybody nor do I want to. I think it was the fact that if I didn't answer he would stop asking and then I wouldn't be able to hear his voice anymore.

The door opens and my eyes stay shut, "Morning Miss Scott." The evil lady, who absolutely despises me walks through the door with a tray of something probably not edible.

I don't say anything as always. I tuck my knees to my chest and cover my ears. I need to hear his voice. "Don't be rude. I think I deserve a thank you, it's not as if I want to be here." She grumbles.

I can hear mummers in the back of my head and I start rocking myself backwards and forwards. "Doctor Andrews will be here soon." She snaps and locks the door on the way out.

The whispers start getting louder and my eyes shut tightly.

His voice, his voice, his voice.

"What's your favourite colour?"

"Green." I whisper.

"What's your favourite colour?"

"Green. Green. Green." I chant so that he doesn't stop asking.

I hear the door open and my head shoots up. The voices have gone and I sigh knowing that I managed to control them for once. My eyes see Doctor Andrews walk in and I hope to see the pretty boy behind him but there's no one.

"Hello Marcie." He smiles. His eyes travel to my tray of breakfast and he shakes his head, "No breakfast again I see?" He writes it down as always.

My eyes travel to my pillow and I almost smile remembering the lollipops I got from the boy. I lift my pillow up and grab a strawberry lollipop. I take the wrapper off and shove the tasty sweet into my mouth.

I hear Doctor Andrews chuckle, "Not the healthiest breakfast I've seen but as long as you eat it." He says.

"Your tutor will be round at eleven so in about thirty minutes, try not to push her away Marcie. You need to learn."  He advises me but I stay quiet, sucking on my lollipop.