T H I R T E E N

We make a really good team
And not everyone sees
We got this crazy chemistry
Between us

♡♡♡

H A R R Y

I was tossing and turning all night. 

The day was playing on my mind and repeating over and over again like a broken record. But what I couldn't get out of my head was the fact that she had kissed my cheek. I could still feel her lips as they touched my cheek and a small spark that occurred and then disappeared as soon as our contact was lost.

I had stayed with her until she fell asleep and then I knew that I had to leave, reason being I wasn't allowed to stay with a patient in that way and I didn't want her to get accustomed to sleeping with me every night.  

But looking back at it now, I wish I didn't leave and I had stayed with her because at the moment I doubt I'll be getting even a wink of sleep. 

I checked the time and saw that it was already six in the morning. I didn't have to be at work until eleven so I still had five hours. I decided on giving up sleep and getting ready early since I had some idea of what  I was going to do with Marcie today but I needed to go to the store beforehand. 

Yesterday we had a conversation before she went to bed. She had told me that when I'm not there she has nothing to do because the nurses won't give her anything to pass time with. So I decided I would stop off at the store to buy her some bits and pieces for her to use when I'm not there. I can't imagine how lonely she must feel being locked up and how scared she must be if the voices in her head made an appearance with her being alone and all.  

I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen. Louis wasn't in and I knew he was probably over some random woman's house so I didn't bother calling him, instead I just left a message. I knew that I needed some time off work to catch up with Louis because I haven't spent a lot of time off. I know Louis and I'm assuming he was feeling slightly left out, even I miss the parties we threw and the ones we'd go to every Saturday night.

I make myself some breakfast and sit on the couch. I flick through my phone an see some messages from some of my friends. They've all been wondering where I have been and what I've been up to. I reply to a few of them and then grab my laptop to answer some emails. 

After an hour passed, I got dressed into my black skinny jeans and a grey knit sweater. I left my work clothes in my locker at work so I packed some things into my backpack and put my shoes on. 

I left the apartment and walked out of the building and to the closest bus stop. I plugged my headphones into my phone and played Fleetwood Mac as I waited for the bus. 

Suddenly the smell of cigarette smoke hit my nostrils and I turn to see who else was waiting for the bus. A man who looked as if he was in his early fifties was standing there with dark hair and a scruffy beard. His clothes were rugged, he wore baggy grey trousers and a big brown coat that didn't look so clean. 

He looked up at me and I gave him a small smile. His eyes were a deep, dark brown and were quite daunting as if he was about to do something terrible. He had a smirk on his lips which sent shivers up my spine and I quickly turned around as the bus came round the corner. 

He dropped his cigarette on the floor and stepped on it. I gulped and stepped onto the bus once it had pulled up in front of me. I sat nearest to the front and watched the movement of the buff man, he winked at me as he walked straight past causing me to turn quickly and look out the window.   

I don't know who he was but all I can tell was that he looked like bad news. 

After twenty minutes the bus pulled into the main bus station in the center of London. I got off before anyone else did and walked to the nearest shopping center.